hello
ive been looking at buying a new guitar for the last couple of weeks, mainly looking at ibanez rg's around $600AUD. but today i stumbled across an epiphone les paul standard with hard case for $400AUD, quote "Top-of-the-line Epiphone Les Paul, with set neck, Grover tuners and original vacuum-waxed humbuckers.
Particularly good-looking timber on the body has a deep flame effect which looks great! Purchased less than a year ago and hardly used."

there is only 2 days left for bidding, but at that price i could easily do a pick up change to emg 81/85's to. I play metal (avenged sevenfold, metallica etc). Would this be capable of fulling this with/without the pick-up change??

thanks in advance
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Last edited by splamron at Nov 6, 2008,
i had an epiphone les paul and build some Seymour duncans in it. i play metal too. the sound was amazing !!

take the epi
buy some emg`s and put them in and you will have such a great sound.....

thats what i can promise you.....

what kind of amp do you got?? if the amp is shit then the sound is shit
thanks for the help man. I have an awesome USA Peavey Rage but i am gonna upgrade soon.
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
The stock pickups in the Epi les pauls are brilliant, really really high output, not as high as an EMG 81, but they're the best passives I've ever used.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by splamron
thanks for the help man. I have an awesome USA Peavey Rage but i am gonna upgrade soon.

Then don't bother wasting money on pickups, you get a bum deal on gear prices as it is, there's no point spending money on something that realyl isn't going to make a great deal of difference.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com