Hey everyone. I'm looking to get 2 guitars. My brother will be just starting the guitar and wants an electric guitar. I would have him start on an acoustic but he already has one that is in storage in another state. I wanted to start him off on an electric guitar that is $300 or under and think an AXL badwater series would be pretty good. Anybody else think so? if not than any suggestions?

My second question is about a guitar for myself. I have a PRS billy martin SE and am looking for a more metal guitar, preferably with a badass tremelo like the one in Herman Li's sig or an original floyd rose. Anybody got a suggestion? suggest away! include some pics if you want

EDIT: please keep the guitar suggestions for myself under $1000
Quote by Argonaut
^ Wrong Kensai.

Quote by Sean-Man
I may be a Narcissist, But im the Best Narcissist
Last edited by dxpaintball8000 at Nov 6, 2008,
dean razorback or the matt heafy sig dean ML. Ive seen the razorback for 1300CAD,i dunno which one has a better fr.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
Hey everyone. I'm looking to get 2 guitars. My brother will be just starting the guitar and wants an electric guitar. I would have him start on an acoustic but he already has one that is in storage in another state. I wanted to start him off on an electric guitar that is $300 or under and think an AXL badwater series would be pretty good. Anybody else think so? if not than any suggestions?

My second question is about a guitar for myself. I have a PRS billy martin SE and am looking for a more metal guitar, preferably with a badass tremelo like the one in Herman Li's sig or an original floyd rose. Anybody got a suggestion? suggest away! include some pics if you want

EDIT: please keep the guitar suggestions for myself under $1000

http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--ESPMH1000
Floyd Rose, EMGs, mahogany. That's pretty metal.
I've always wondered about the construction quality of ESPs. are they good?
Quote by Argonaut
^ Wrong Kensai.

Quote by Sean-Man
Quote by dxpaintball8000
I've always wondered about the construction quality of ESPs. are they good?

Haven't tried one, but I can't imagine it being too shabby considering the amount of artists that use them.
well thats certainly true. I'm actually seriously considering B.C. Rich or Ibanez at the moment. Are these good choices? i'm not a noob haha I just live in the middle of Alaska so the brands I get to play are limited to pretty much fender, squire, jackson, axl, and schecter
Quote by Argonaut
^ Wrong Kensai.

Quote by Sean-Man
Quote by dxpaintball8000
well thats certainly true. I'm actually seriously considering B.C. Rich or Ibanez at the moment. Are these good choices? i'm not a noob haha I just live in the middle of Alaska so the brands I get to play are limited to pretty much fender, squire, jackson, axl, and schecter

Jackson and Schecter are meant to be decent enough. Definitely worth a try.
Quote by Horlicks
Jackson and Schecter are meant to be decent enough. Definitely worth a try.

Oh yeah i've definately tried them out. All of the jackson's bodies feel weird and their tone is too twangy for my liking and whenever I find a schecter I like with nice tone and a trem it's neck doesnt seem to be slick enough.
Quote by Argonaut
^ Wrong Kensai.

Quote by Sean-Man
If the Hellraiser had a Trem that would be perfection.....
Quote by Argonaut
^ Wrong Kensai.

Quote by Sean-Man
What country are you in? I would recommend an Ibanez rg1570 or a Hellraiser C1 or a Jackson Dinky
RG's & Mesa's
haha I'm in what was once America before Obama was elected. That Ibanez rg seems to have really nice reviews. thanks
Quote by Argonaut
^ Wrong Kensai.

Quote by Sean-Man
If you haven't tried an Ibanez, don't buy one over the internet. They are definitely love/hate and I hate them.
Quote by Horlicks
If you haven't tried an Ibanez, don't buy one over the internet. They are definitely love/hate and I hate them.

k thanks I wont
Quote by Argonaut
^ Wrong Kensai.

Quote by Sean-Man
alot of hellraisers do have trems. I have an ESP LTD mh250lt, That i have found myself prefering over my hellraiser. i just bought it about a month ago. It is my first ESP. It is a neck through, the more i handle it and play it, the more i love it. ESP is definately worth looking at. And of course you cant go wrong with a good schecter.

I must agree. Ibanez are highly overrated! I have owned a few and i have always took a loss and sold them!
try out some jacksons

and for your brother, epiphone g-400 faded finish.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by Sin City Sid
The Jackson's sounded twangy?!?! Plug that bitch into a better amp bro.

Or don't buy a Jackson
Quote by Horlicks
Or don't buy a Jackson

True, but twangy? Common they don't make anything that sounds twangy.
perhaps twangy was the wrong word. more squeely in an unwanted way I should say
Quote by Argonaut
^ Wrong Kensai.

Quote by Sean-Man
Quote by dxpaintball8000
perhaps twangy was the wrong word. more squeely in an unwanted way I should say

Not trying to persude you, your mind is made up. What model were you looking at. I would like to see the specs. Do you mean harmonics?
If you want a trem like Herman Li's then get a nice Ibanez S Series?
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w