hey well i NEED a new electric guitar and i really dont wanna buy online, i cant upgrade amp instead cause i have a (plywood) guitar that i cant play anything on the first fret with, weighs about 10 kilos and sounds like cr@p...

so my local guitar store has a HSS squier california series (standard?) strat that i played and love the neck on. it's AU$300, there is a $340 Affinity FAt Strat, and a HSS yamaha pacifica 012. are either of tjhe two latter guitars superior to the california series? and can anyone give me some information on it cause its no longer on the squier website.

AND NO THERE ARE NO OTHER GUITAR STORES LOCALLY!
I'm in AUSTRALIA which explains the huge prices lol

HELP plz...

tl;dr: squier california series strat for au$300. got any info/should i buy it?
i myself would go with the yamaha, they are a great company and never ceases to amaze me i owned the affinity strat before and i ****ing hated it
get the yamaha man, afaik they're built much better than the squiers are.

i started on a squier (woulda been worse than that californian series but whatever) and it was pretty crappy, then again i used it for 3 years before i got my second guitar.

i think having to play a crappy guitar can be good for a player as long as it doesnt put you off playing all toghether
yeah... i love the neck on the california strat but i'll def. try out the yamaha this weekend.
Quote by texzephyr
yeah... i love the neck on the california strat but i'll def. try out the yamaha this weekend.

yeah, if you love the neck then its probably worth going for, the rest of the guitar isnt just gonna self destruct, my absolute base model squier is still kicking 5-6 years on.

it is definitely worth trying the yamaha though, who knows, maybe you'll like the neck on that even better