just wondering if anyone has had one ordered to the UK. I went into my local guitar shop to try out an epi standard and the manager wouldn't sell me it for anything less than 315 pounds which I considered bollocks then I can get an Agile 3100 delivered here for 290. the only thing stopping me is I don't want it getting here from America with a load of dents and problems that's going to cost me lots to fix.
Buy yourself a case together with the guitar and problem solved.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

that is a good idea but I dont have enough to get a case too. Anyone else ordered just a guitar to sunny England?
Quote by Ogg the Logg
that is a good idea but I dont have enough to get a case too. Anyone else ordered just a guitar to sunny England?

I think without a case would be risky.
Don't forget you'll have to pay import tax and VAT too, so your new guitar will be delivered along with a nice bill from customs.
while good economic guitars, i don't think it'll be worth your while to end up shipping to england.

even from US to canada, it cost me roughly 80$

no extra charges from customs or anything else tho.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
There's no point, you'd wipe out any savings when you got hit with shipping, 17.5% VAT and 1.5% import duty - the Agile will end up costing more.

If you want a good, cheap Les Paul type in the UK then buy a Vintage. Agiles aren't magic y'know, they're just affordable Korean made guitars sold by a company with low overheads.

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/72458
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/71400
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/72473
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Ogg the Logg
just wondering if anyone has had one ordered to the UK. I went into my local guitar shop to try out an epi standard and the manager wouldn't sell me it for anything less than 315 pounds which I considered bollocks then I can get an Agile 3100 delivered here for 290. the only thing stopping me is I don't want it getting here from America with a load of dents and problems that's going to cost me lots to fix.

i just traded my epiphone les paul standard 2006 in at big deal in wolverhampton. its in good nick with upgraded pickups and itll be less than that for sure...
Thank you please.
thanks for the replies I Didn't know there was an extra cost on top of delivery to the Uk think I will bite the bullet an get the Epiphone I saw in the shop.
PLEASE dont get the epiphone.

Try ANY one of these

gordon smith
burney
greco
Tokai
ibanez lawsuit
esp ltd

there are prob more, but i cant think of em right nw, but all of those guitars have a les paul in the same price range as the epiphone, except the ibanez which you will have to find used, but still a wicked guitar... ALL are FAR superior to the epi, whcih stands a very good chance of being, well, er..... crap
Cursed to one day crash and burn because we fly so god damn high.
^ good list, you forgot edwards though. those all may be a bit more expensive than he wants to pay, though.

Quote by steven seagull
There's no point, you'd wipe out any savings when you got hit with shipping, 17.5% VAT and 1.5% import duty - the Agile will end up costing more.
Agiles aren't magic y'know, they're just affordable Korean made guitars sold by a company with low overheads.

+1 (i haven't tried any vintage LP copies so can't really +1 you on those in good conscience )
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ good list, you forgot edwards though. those all may be a bit more expensive than he wants to pay, though.

+1 (i haven't tried any vintage LP copies so can't really +1 you on those in good conscience )

I've got a Vintage V100, and just to say, they're awesome guitars. Pretty much an Epi Standard, but half the price, and if I'm not mistaken, they're made in the same factory.

There's only a slight cosmetic difference, and that's the cutaway (it's a bit sharper, but you wouldn't notice it.

So yeah, I'd get one.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
I've got a Vintage V100, and just to say, they're awesome guitars. Pretty much an Epi Standard, but half the price, and if I'm not mistaken, they're made in the same factory.

There's only a slight cosmetic difference, and that's the cutaway (it's a bit sharper, but you wouldn't notice it.

So yeah, I'd get one.

Probably made in the same factory as Agiles too

I have to say I was really impressed with the Peter Green model simply because it sounds amazing. I'm not a huge fan of the relicing but tonewise they're fantastic for the money.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Lil Macker

So yeah, I'd get one.

i've tried a couple of the vintage advances (the fender-style models though), and they did seem pretty nice, especially if you can get them for a good price (some are going for around the £200 mark now).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
well I havn't got the epiphone yet I found another guitar shop a short drive from where I am.
I looked online and they had a tokai les paul model for 289 pounds so I went to the shop and they were out of stock they said I should order one from there site at home and come and collect it in store where I would be able to play it then if I didnt like it they would refund the money.
Seemed a bit odd I got home and found that from me checking the price just before I left to coming back home they had bumped up the price to 330! so that's now off the cards think I might just wait after Christmas to find a guitar. There's only the 2 guitar shops where I am and they both seem unwilling to do a good deal.
One of the shops does do a few Esp's but they are out of my price range unfortunately.
Quote by steven seagull

I have to say I was really impressed with the Peter Green model simply because it sounds amazing. I'm not a huge fan of the relicing but tonewise they're fantastic for the money.

I was planning on getting one to get that Gary Moore neck pickup sound (ish), but I'm definatly getting one soon. But I need a new amp first, and my parents are refusing to buy me one for Christmas because 'you've already got a Marshall!'

Saying that makes me seem like I'm 6
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by steven seagull
They are. After Epi moved to China, the older Korean factories were taken over. Agile, Vintage, Rally and the mid-range Tokai guitars are all made in those same factories.

Agile are of course cheaper for America, Vintage and Rally are cheaper for Europe, and Tokai is pretty much the same everywhere. There's no quality reason to pick one over the other though, just go with whichever is cheapest where you live.

Also do consider Epiphones. The older Korean Epis are famously superb, and you could probably get a used one for less than a new Agile/Vintage/etc costs. The newer Chinese ones can be dodgy, but their stock hardware and electronics beats the piss out of the other aforementioned brands - just make sure you try the guitar out thoroughly before you buy, because Epi's quality control is what's letting them down.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Am quite interested in the vintages from whats been said but I would have to order one without trying it they almost seem to good a deal being alot cheaper than the epiphones etc. Im really looking to get something that will be an upgrade to my squire strat. I am getting a vox valvetronix 30 which will be an upgrade on my amp. And Im a sucker for the les paul shape which is really bad because my brother has a epiphone G400 I think which sounds great and costs less than most of the les paul copies.
Quote by steven seagull

No man... I've owned a Vintage V100 and Agile AL-3100. Totally different things. And I am quite sure that my Vintage was made in China...
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Last edited by hminh87 at Nov 6, 2008,
Quote by hminh87
No man... I've owned a Vintage V100 and Agile AL-3100. Totally different things. And I am quite sure that my Vintage was made in China...
The Vintage brand uses both Korean and Chinese factories, it depends on the model of guitar and the year it was made. Some years they were all made in Korea, some years they were all made in China, and others they did a mix.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.