1 6%
Other
1 6%
Voters: 17.
Mesa Boogie F- 50

Mesa Boogie Triple Rec

Hughes and Ketner Trilogy

Marshall JVM

Randal GH100 (i think thats what is called)

Peavey 6505

Any other choices, please specify

Looking for an amp that can do anything from late Thin Lizzy through to Modern Metal tones and a good tight lead gain

Not too woried about cleans as i would be willing to buy an A/B box and get something like a Vox Ac30 or a Fender Blues Junior for cleans and stuff
Quote by injected
wheres the triamp option

I dunno bout you, but I saw no other rack equipment listed in that list.....

The Triamp is 2k new, plus a decent power amp is another 1500-2k again.... so 4k in total for an amp... **** might as well go with a Masotti
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
I dunno bout you, but I saw no other rack equipment listed in that list.....

The Triamp is 2k new, plus a decent power amp is another 1500-2k again.... so 4k in total for an amp... **** might as well go with a Masotti

You're thinking of the Triaxis.

I say a used 5150 will get you those tones. Pretty cheap compared to some of the other ones too.
Whats your budget?
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
Wow..... I think.... wow....yup...im embarassed....thats what drinking at 3 in the morning does to me i guess....
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by injected
wheres the triamp option

The only thing about the Triamp is as soon as you take it out of the store... bam, value disappears.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
get the mesa's or the peavey

the jvm is pretty bad my friend has one and its like an mg with tubes stuck to the back of it

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by Raijouta
The only thing about the Triamp is as soon as you take it out of the store... bam, value disappears.

Exactly, that's why you buy it used and get a $3600 amp for $1000-1500

I'm assuming you're buying new?

Go used, for less than a new Triple Recto, you could get a Road King or a Mark IV.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by timzee117
the jvm is pretty bad my friend has one and its like an mg with tubes stuck to the back of it

I'm not a big Marshall fan, but the JVM is one of the better amps Marshall has released within the past 10-20 years.
Quote by Guitarmiester
I'm not a big Marshall fan, but the JVM is one of the better amps Marshall has released within the past 10-20 years.

Eh, I don't agree that it's as bad as the MG, but it's not great. Everything up to the High Gain on it is pretty good, but it's "metal" sound just sounds fake and I hate it For the price of a JVM, I'd rather just buy a DSL, put KT-77s in it and get an OD, sounds much better imo.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
It's definitely not the best amp, but it's a step in the right direction for Marshall considering what they've been pushing for the past 10 years - AVT, Mode Four, MG, etc.
If you're looking for a great metal tone you need look no further than a 6505. It's a workhorse. I'd be lost without mine.