Hey guys, I thought I'd repost this thread now I have some pics to go with it!

Let me tell you the story...

Got a new wah pot the other day and needed a soldering iron, so went to one of my dad's friends to borrow one. Whilst chatting he said oh if you're into effects check this out...

He got out this black case that someone found in a flooded basement, you can actually see the water line on it. It's a powered effects pedalboard. Inside we have a discontinued boss compression sustainer cs-1, vintage ibanez digital delay ddl, korg phs1 phaser and a 1970's ibanez fuzz machine (standard fuzz). They've all been drenched, and are covered in crap inside. He's given it to me to mess around with. I've taken apart and cleaned out the delay and it works! There's some pot scratching so might have to give it a more thorough clean.

This is someone's rig and its exactly how they've left it inside. Patch cables, power cables connected n all. Got no idea how old it is or how long it was flooded for or how long its been dry for. All I know is, its cool.

Does anyone have any more information on these pedals? Or how old they all are? Or any tips on how to clean them?

Everything has been cleaned up now, had to replace one fuse and a few screws but other than that everything works!

The Ibanez DDL makes a harsh/strange sound when I turn the rate knob, but thats normal with a delay right? It also seems to put some clipping on the delay, which is weird so I might give it another clean and see.

Is a compression sustainer meant to make a sort of poppy/clicky type of sound when you play?

Just thought I'd share the experience guys!

Pics...

"Sit your ass down in that f@%$ing chair and drink your GODAMN TEA!!" - Cid, FFVII

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard (trans amber, 60s neck)
USA Fender Strat
Westfield acoustic
Washburn 12-string acoustic
Encore bass
Aria acoustic bass
well whatever your opinion on Boss one fact cannot be ignored, they will never die, if the nuclear apocalypse happened the boss would simply carry on working
That last pic of the three pedals, the boss and ddl had been cleaned up but yeah all works great!
"Sit your ass down in that f@%$ing chair and drink your GODAMN TEA!!" - Cid, FFVII

Gear:
USA Fender Strat
Westfield acoustic
Encore bass
Aria acoustic bass
Why would you put that nasty shit on your bed? xD

Anyways, good find. That pedalboard needs some serious cleaning.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
I like my pink sheet! To be honest I was so excited about it I didn't care. Keep the comments coming guys, information on the pedals would be awesome. I'll post a final cleaned up pic tonight.

Gear:
USA Fender Strat
Westfield acoustic
Encore bass
Aria acoustic bass
whatever you do, hold on to that ibanez ddl, fuzz machine, and the korg phaser.

i'm going to ask a guru i know about what these pedals are worth, i'll let you know when i find out.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
That Ibanez Fuzz is worth quite a lot, I can assure you.
The gear is in the profile.
You know you want to take a look

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Strat-mangling, echo-eating janglefan σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
looks like the pedal case took most of the abuse. Are you going to try to get that working too or is that trashed? Are any of these pedals working yet? Sorry if I missed something.

clipzzzzzzz
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Nov 6, 2008,
^ yes, it is. there isn't too much information on it, but i would hold on to it if i were you. the "tone change" bypass switch is supposed to be an octave up effect i think.

the ddl is a pretty good pedal. they go for around $80 on the used market. i would hold onto this as well, as the prices will probably go up a little over the next few years (and you can never have too much delay).

as for the korg phaser, there's virtually no useful information on it. play around with it and compare it to some newer ones. i'm really intrigued by this to be honest.

i'd say check ebay routinely for the fuzz and phaser and see what their going rates are, if you can find any. also, talk to old guitar techs from your local music shops, they might be able to give you some info as well.

congrats on the find!

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Cheers.

The only thing that bugs me about that ddl is the clipping on the delays.

The korg phaser, for anyone who wants to know, is VERY similar to the ehx small clone nano (as I have that too) in the normal colour position. The rate cannot get quite as slow or fast though.

311 - I got the power uni working last night, woo!

Gear:
USA Fender Strat
Westfield acoustic
Encore bass
Aria acoustic bass
You're a Guitar Archaeologist!
Hey guys, some pics of the board and pedals all cleaned up, along with a couple of my own pedals. Looking good!

Gear:
USA Fender Strat
Westfield acoustic
Encore bass
Aria acoustic bass
Awesome! I wish I got lucky like that.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Quote by Symmetry4321
well whatever your opinion on Boss one fact cannot be ignored, they will never die, if the nuclear apocalypse happened the boss would simply carry on working

the electromagnetic pulse would break everything digital, only tube amps would survive.

>__<

point is: contact cleaner...and lots of it
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Everything DID work, but for some reason during the second clean the cs-1 has developed a weird problem.

It's on compressor by default when you turn it on, and when i press the pedal it won't turn off. When the pedal is held down, only then do I get normal signal.

Any ideas?

I went through a whole can of contact cleaner!

Gear:
USA Fender Strat
Westfield acoustic
Encore bass
Aria acoustic bass
Quote by fretblaze
Everything DID work, but for some reason during the second clean the cs-1 has developed a weird problem.

It's on compressor by default when you turn it on, and when i press the pedal it won't turn off. When the pedal is held down, only then do I get normal signal.

Any ideas?

I went through a whole can of contact cleaner!

you mean you press the pedal and you get normal sound then release it youre back to compressor?

sounds like a thyristor
Yes exactly. Which resister? How do I fix it?

EDIT: Just r-read your post, sorry, what is a thyrisister?

Gear:
USA Fender Strat
Westfield acoustic
Encore bass
Aria acoustic bass
Quote by fretblaze
Yes exactly. Which resister? How do I fix it?

EDIT: Just r-read your post, sorry, what is a thyrisister?

its involved in latching circuits i.e. push a momentary switch once and the circuit stays on.

ask in the who to listen to list or GBnC, theyres a few peoples who know a little more about electronics there