Electronic Guitar Request from a Dutch guy

Username:Svelden

Price Range:<350$ (+- 300&euro

Genres / Bands I like:Coldplay, Bloc Party, Bravery, Killers, Radiohead, Editors, Death Cab for Cutie. Aka Britpop, Rockish, Indie-ish.

What I want: An electric guitar to partner with my current Acoustic Guvnor GC575CE, I'm leaning towards a "tele" in stead of a "strat","SG" or "LP". Because the major part of my favourite artists uses a tele most of the time. And I just love that sound. So I prefer the "tele" but mabay you can convince me otherwise!

Additional Information: I'm practising for almost 2 months now and I'm Dutch so I apologize for the grammar

Thank you!

Stephan
This should be in the electric guitar forum, you'll get more answers there

But it sounds like you should get a tele, MiM or a Squier, make sure you shop around though because the build quality of MiMs and squiers can vary from guitar to guitar
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
@Bendybaws: thank you for your quick reply mate! I will post this question in the electric forum(sorry I'm still a bit of a newb on this forum). Also a great help with the shop around tip, is there anything in particular to look for on a squier?(damage points, etc)

@BKGMorley: thank you for your quick reply! I will add a +1 for the tele
Not sure how much a mexican Fender Tele standard is there, but that's what I'd look to get. If not, then a squier tele.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
Thank's for all the great reply's!!

Future Amp:
Roland Cube 15 X 15 Watt or Roland Cube 20 X 20 Watt

I've got an update;
After your tips and confirmation to look for a tele, I paid a visit to Feedback(Big music store in Holland) yesterday. I tried almost every telecaster, from €150 up to €1000, there and concluded that I was not blown away by their sound..... only "Hunting for witches-Bloc Party" delivered a WOW-moment. The sound was too clean,biting and twangy. I paired them with the Roland amp I mentioned above(both) and it did not deliver... not even a Thinline Fender... So I decided to try the famous stratocaster, I started with a classic 60 Fender(USA) ca. €900 and WOW! I loved the "quacky/wheeemy" effect and the "fuller" sound. So I'm confused, I thought I would love the telecasters. But now it seems I like the sound of the strat's. The first strat was way out of my budget so I tuned it down. I took it down to these three guitars;
-Fender Squier 60s Classic Vibe Strat 3 Tone Sunburst
-Fender Squier Vintage Mod. Strat SSS 3 Tone Sunburst
-Fender Squier Standard Fat Strat HSS RW Black Metallic
I did't like the humbuckers or duncun pickups on them and I'm leaning towards the 60's.
So my question now is: Is it strange I like the strat's more and which of these three guitars would you recommend(or even another option)?

@Bendy: The Squiers I used yesterday were pretty good construction wise.
@Everyone: Thnx again for all the replies!
I much prefer strats, played my friends tele and I found it a bit bulky, plus on purely looks the strat is a far more handsome beast.

I recently fitted new pups to my strat, an HSS setup and it's great to have that option of extra output of the HB especially when it comes to solos or just standing out from the mix. But if I'm honest I rarely use the HB cause I prefer the tones I can get from the two single coils, mainly in position 2, real buttery smooth tone.
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨