Page 1 of 3
I've never had surgery.. and im freaking scared of it.. hopefully i'll never have to have it...

well have you had any surgery done? what was it like?
yea I had that whole scoliosis surgery done where they basically opened my whole back up and installed two rods. I'm good now but my god that was quite a painful week and a half after the procedure.

The meds they put me on were a ton of fun though LOL

The thought of going though something like this can easily freak you out much more than the actual procedure is....you basically think it will be a lot worse than it actually is.

Quote by shreder666
morrrrrrrrrrrrrppppppphhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiineeeeeeeeeeeeee

yea they had me on that stuff for about 6 days...
Last edited by moody07747 at Nov 6, 2008,
I went under full anaesthetic to get a tooth out. That was all, but sooner or later I will have to get something more serious done

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Yeah shitloads. Bone marrow tests were bitchingly painful, and having the portacath put in/ removed was pretty bitching.

I love the whole nitrogen gas anaesthetic its awesome. Wake up partially high. Always fun.
My Gear:

Washburn 6 String Bantam Series

Fender Mexican P-Bass

Farida Stratocaster

Peavey TNT115S
I had surgery when I was 4 months old. So needless to say I don't remember anything.
Yes, and all I can say is THANK WHATEVER YOU BELIEVE IN FOR ANESTHETICS AND PAINKILLERS.

Seriously waking up from anesthetics is one of the funniest feelings ever. You literally skip a couple hours of your life and have no feeling or recollection of them, and you're all loopy.

Then, you get excellent painkillers that it's fun to watch trippy movies while taking.

Aside from the pain, it's a generally good time.
Quote by Th6r6a6sH
The Pit is a reliable source of information
Quote by imdeth
My penis is tough. My penis is elite.
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
I like Luigi.

His cock is maximum.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

OPETH RULES.

Member of Åkerfeldtism

My last.fm
not yet but i am soon. I am a bit worried about it. I am having an op on my shoulder as i keep dislocating it. Have done it 3times in the last 7months. am actually off work now because it came out a few weeks ago when i was getting up off the floor after watching tv. . It hurts pretty bad when it happens but the morphene at least makes it some fun. hehe
the operation itself isnt bad at all, thanks to anasthetics.

but seriously, you feel like total crap for a couple of days
after surgery in the mouth when I was 16, I went home without saying a word and basically just broke down crying because the anesthetics threw off my nervous system for a while.
Quote by petrina_678
I've never had surgery.. and im freaking scared of it.. hopefully i'll never have to have it...

well have you had any surgery done? what was it like?

have had surgery somethin like 4 times i think, no biggie

worst was for tonsils and adnoids, nice bloody spew that night, one thing to note is that its kinda like being jetlagged, you wake up like is it 7am? then you find out its midnight and your body clock gets ****ed over
When I was 6 I had to have an operation on my stomach. I seem to remember being in the gas room surrounded by anaesthetists and suddenly freaking out and kicking my arms and legs around trying to escape, it took one of them holding me down by each of my limbs so another one could put the gas mask on.

Still have nightmares about it
I had an operation on my ears and throat when I was 4. Was pretty traumatic to be honest, I spent 2 days in intensive care cause they couldn't stop the bleeding after the op, and I just remember wanting to see my mum. I kept asking and nurses kept saying "she'll be here later" and pumped more of the 4 unit blood transfusion into me. I later found out that she was told she wasn't allowed in so she spent the entire 2 days on a chair outside the ICU waiting for news and crying. Sad stuff.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
I had a squint operation when I was a baby, I didn't have an op. though when my sister broke my collar bone.

I'm considering having some mild surgery done as well.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Last edited by thedudemeister at Nov 6, 2008,
It's not that bad, really. And I've actually had surgery on my head while fully conscious...

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I had surgery on my wrist after i cut it through glass (It was accident by the way)

They had to mend all my tendons and a nerve. Thankfully i was under anasthetics during the time, it wasn't really painful obviously because of all the drugs, but what really sucked was the three months with no guitar
Quote by Funky_Fresh91
I had surgery on my wrist after i cut it through glass (It was accident by the way)

They had to mend all my tendons and a nerve. Thankfully i was under anasthetics during the time, it wasn't really painful obviously because of all the drugs, but what really sucked was the three months with no guitar

Same thing happened to a mate of mine. He played saxophone, then after the incident he lost nerves in one of hands, and over the last five years he's become the best drummer in our school.

Oh yeah, I had surgery once. To get crowded teeth out of my mouth.

It was pretty cool, it took me about an hour to "wake-up". I remember really slowly opening my eyes, and each time I they fell closed, about 15 minutes had passed.

Wounds weren't really that sore, and I didn't need any medication either. I got a tiny ass can of lemonade which was cool, and some ice-cream as well.

When I got out, my mum took me to buy Pokemon Ruby, and shit myself in the car on the way home.

Overall, 10/10.
Last edited by soulflyV at Nov 6, 2008,
All depends on the surgery. Sometimes, you wake up and feel like death warmed up. Sometimes, you'll feel so damn high, no amount of alcohol can recreate it.
And sometimes a stupid son-of-a-bitch won't have connected up your IV properly, and you'll feel a foot-long line of fire down you abdomen and be convinced something's gone horribly wrong and you're going to die in agony.
Mostly the worst thing is if they decide to catheterise you while you're awake, because nothing strips away your dignity like having someone jam a tube up your jap's eye.
the actual procedure doesnt hurt at all, its actually kind of fun because your high on all kinds of drugs and dont feel a thing, but depending on what it is you usually feal really sore or painful in the area they operated on the day or week after
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
I had surgery, the surgery itself was fine because I was knocked out.

I woke up and felt like shit, couldn't stand up cus of the pain.

Worst thing though, was the removal of the drain.

I screamed like a mother****er.
Quote by MightyAl
All depends on the surgery. Sometimes, you wake up and feel like death warmed up. Sometimes, you'll feel so damn high, no amount of alcohol can recreate it.
And sometimes a stupid son-of-a-bitch won't have connected up your IV properly, and you'll feel a foot-long line of fire down you abdomen and be convinced something's gone horribly wrong and you're going to die in agony.
Mostly the worst thing is if they decide to catheterise you while you're awake, because nothing strips away your dignity like having someone jam a tube up your jap's eye.

I have nightmares about that all the time
I had surgery on my arm a month and half ago. They checked the nerves, cleaned and stitched together the muscle, a couple of veins and finally the skin. I was in narcosis while it underwent though. Before the surgery I had been given a crapload if pills, which apparently is used to remove the stress some might experience beforehand. Afterwards I was woken up, rolled into a room, given some painkillers and slept for a while. But they kept waking me up because of the antibiotics and painkillers. Was a bit annoying.
Apart from that was OK, nothing to be scared of or anything. Heck, when I was rolled into the operation room one of the doctors their stood singing and whistling like it was nothing.

EDIT:
Oh, and I had surgery on my thumb while fully conscious. Had a cut straight down to the bone, looked like... a boiled egg or something covered in tomato sauce (blood). Stitched together a tendon and a vein, and had to wear a cast for a couple of weeks.
Couldn't use it for much, but wasn't that bad.
Sworn enemy of the private investigator.
Last edited by Sheepdragon at Nov 6, 2008,
i had one when i was 4. i was being and retarded and got my finger slammed by a door. about 1.5 cm of it was severed so i had to get surgery lol
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...
Hernia when I was like six.

It wasn't bad. Don't sweat it.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
I had my tonsils taken out when I was four, the only things I remember are waking up and needing to pee, they gave me a bottle so I threw it at a sleeping person and forced them to "Get me my mummy " and then ice cream, lots of ice cream and milkshake, raspberry milkshake.
I had my tonsils taken out a couple months ago, i was nervous at the time but every1 was really nice to me and then afterwards i wondered what all the fuss was about. altho before i've had an operation on my arm recently to remove a lumpy thing cus i didn't like the look of it and i fainted
Quote by CoreysMonster
you know what you could do? wear an eyepatch when you go out and say you're a pirate.
I had hearth surgery 2 times when I was 7 months old. Nice big scar to remind me how lucky I am every day.
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen
Wait until he's trying the fullstack, then shove it from behind. Crushing him with it's overdrive

Quote by BobDetroit
You can't tune a LP copies down. Some kind of lawsuit Gibson won. Sorry.
Quote by soulflyV
I have nightmares about that all the time

Having a catheter (sp?) is better than hurting yourself from forcing yourself to piss because of the anaesthetic side effects.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
Had my tonsils taken out when I was 4
" Did You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away."

"Do they ? That must be why they're such a dominant global power."
I've had a metal plate put in my elbow
I've had my appendix out

Think that's it... the drugs they give you are awesome
Some people wait a lifetime, some simply accept...

...Some of us crash land, some of us eject...

...Some restore the blood flow, some just let it go and bleed...

...Some of us obsess, some move on to something new
Quote by uberphreak
Seriously waking up from anesthetics is one of the funniest feelings ever. You literally skip a couple hours of your life and have no feeling or recollection of them, and you're all loopy.

Yeah that's awesome! I had that when I got my appendix out. Very cool experience.
It was awesome when I woke up. I had no idea where I was, yet I had the most profound feeling of safety. Then I crashed out again.

I wish I had another appendix so I could do it again. Seriously, it was a really cool experience.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
I had surgery like a week and a half ago cause of testicular cancer
I have to get more surgery next month too.... Oh I am not looking forward to that..
I had shoulder surgery to basically reattach all of the ligaments and fix the torn cartilage and chipped bone.

It sucked.
I had two operations (I'd call them procedures though) on the back of my neck to remove a cyst.
First one was done by my GP: he badly anaesthetised my neck and cut into it a bit too far, so it stung like fvck, then said that the cyst had a blood vessel in it so he couldn't remove it.
About three months later I got it removed at hospital, under general anaesthetic, and the only thing that hurt at all was getting the catheter removed from the back of my hand afterwards.
Quote by uberphreak
Yes, and all I can say is THANK WHATEVER YOU BELIEVE IN FOR ANESTHETICS AND PAINKILLERS.

Then, you get excellent painkillers that it's fun to watch trippy movies while taking.

Aside from the pain, it's a generally good time.

This is what it was like getting my wisdom teeth removed last christmas. haha
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Page 1 of 3