There are a dizzying amount of slash les pauls to choose from. Is this all marketing?

I see there is a VOS
a tobacco sunburst
and the new gold top

I see the gold top is 2200 but I saw the tobacco go as high as over 6000.

There is also a mention of a fishman powerbridge on one and a Tune-o-matic Bridge on another.

Can anyone elaborate on the differences? Thanks
Honestly, you can get equal quality to a LP (if not better) for probably half the price, if not less.

Also depending on what you play. And also I've never seen a huge difference at all among LPs...just a lot of hype and overratedness imo.
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
Don't buy the Slash Les Paul until you've played it - they all have the custom neck shape that is suited to Slash's own hands, not yours, so keep that in mind!

EDIT: And the Fishman powerbridge comes on the 2004 signature, not the latest ones, which have only the Tun-o-matic!
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Custom (Ebony)
USA Jackson KV2 Sunburst
Jackson KE7
BC Rich NJ Classic Mockingbird

Marshall JVM410H
Marshall 1960A

Korg Pitchblack
MXR Super Comp
Dunlop Slash Wah
ISP Decimator
Last edited by Sleazeball at Nov 6, 2008,
Buy an ESP Eclipse. 50% of your sound is in your amp anyways. The eclipse is way better quality from my experience (had 2 LP customs and sold them when I bought my Eclipse).
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen
Wait until he's trying the fullstack, then shove it from behind. Crushing him with it's overdrive

Quote by BobDetroit
You can't tune a LP copies down. Some kind of lawsuit Gibson won. Sorry.
^^^The Eclipse is indeed one hell of a guitar

Also dude I would not get a Slash Signature despite being a fan (I wouldn't say no to a Zak Wylde bullseye tbh).

If you want a Gibson, get the standard and if you want tinker with it yourself to get the custom guitar that suits YOU. Buying one and putting in the Alnico II pickups etc will probably work out cheaper anyway.
I am....making progress...
The slash standard les paul costs about $2200. Can I beat that price with a LP standard? I can only find a used for 1500 and it didn't have the right pickups.

What is the story behind the swapping of the fishman to the tonepro?
The Fishman powerbridge comes on the 2004 signature, not the latest ones, which have only the Tune-o-matic! It's an extra electronic which can be switched on to give an acoustic sound.
Gear:

USA Jackson KV2 Sunburst
Jackson KE7

Marshall JVM410H
Marshall 1960A

Korg Pitchblack
MXR Super Comp
Dunlop Slash Wah
ISP Decimator
Quote by Sleazeball
The Fishman powerbridge comes on the 2004 signature, not the latest ones, which have only the Tune-o-matic! It's an extra electronic which can be switched on to give an acoustic sound.

I noticed the 1992 live playing of paradise city in tokyo (check youtube) had an acoustic sound to it. Is this what the fishman can do?
That was his regular clean tone. And yes, that's the fishman's job!
Gear:

USA Jackson KV2 Sunburst
Jackson KE7

Marshall JVM410H
Marshall 1960A

Korg Pitchblack
MXR Super Comp
Dunlop Slash Wah
ISP Decimator
Quote by kayman121
Honestly, you can get equal quality to a LP (if not better) for probably half the price, if not less.

Also depending on what you play. And also I've never seen a huge difference at all among LPs...just a lot of hype and overratedness imo.

Every VOS les paul I've played has been significantly better than the standard production les pauls. I know it's cool to hate Gibson and suggest smaller brands, but the VOS les pauls are the most consistent and best overall guitars on the market. Regardless of price.
OK I have done a lot more research it appears there are 3 lines of Slash signatures:

Epiphone: Low roughly $999
Gibson: Midline roughly $2300
Gibson Custom: high end roughly $3500

Then there is the Super custom: $10,000 !!

The customs appear to be the only one with the fishman. I notice there is a little white toggle switch inbetween the pickup dials, I guess this controls the fishman.

If I get a Les Paul, i think I'd go with the signature gold top for 2300. Thoughts?
I'd rather go for something else. Unless you really love the neck and the stuff that slash put on 'em, you can get much better for your money.

Quote by chrisa123
Buy an ESP Eclipse. 50% of your sound is in your amp anyways. The eclipse is way better quality from my experience (had 2 LP customs and sold them when I bought my Eclipse).

Depends on what you play.

The Eclipses come with EMGs in 'em, don't they?
How long have u been playing, if this is going to be your first guitar just get an Epi LP Custom for now.
play all of them...ya know the deal.."try before ya buy",...i have played the gold top that your talking about...(vos)...it is an incredible guitar,...if i had the cake i would have one!!

ug is the only place on earth that you will hear people telling ya to get an epi/esp over a vos les paul,....by all means try out ever other les paul rip off out there...then try the vos last,....not a one of them will have the grunt of a gibson les paul,....then check out the profiles of the people suggesting these guitars to ya,..probably 15..been plaing for 2 years,..they have crap equipment..and are just echoing what all the other ug sheep say.....play them for yourself dude...make your own choice based on your own ears...i will guarantee if you get a gibson les paul clone...in the end you wont be happy...

good luck
Look in to a LP copy as well such as Tokai or Edwards. I have an Edwards LP and absolutely love it.
Quote by jessexxx
play all of them...ya know the deal.."try before ya buy",...i have played the gold top that your talking about...(vos)...it is an incredible guitar,...if i had the cake i would have one!!

ug is the only place on earth that you will hear people telling ya to get an epi/esp over a vos les paul,....by all means try out ever other les paul rip off out there...then try the vos last,....not a one of them will have the grunt of a gibson les paul,....then check out the profiles of the people suggesting these guitars to ya,..probably 15..been plaing for 2 years,..they have crap equipment..and are just echoing what all the other ug sheep say.....play them for yourself dude...make your own choice based on your own ears...i will guarantee if you get a gibson les paul clone...in the end you wont be happy...

good luck

I totally agree with this but japanese gibson clones (Orville, Tokai, Navigator, Edwards, Epiphone elitists) are pretty good guitars, with vintage Tokais and Navigators being on par with Gibson's historic models.
Last edited by al112987 at Nov 6, 2008,