Page 1 of 2
And why?
Just say the name and the type, whether if it's a strat, les paul, semi-acoustic, or so on.

WHy did you pick it?
A Ken Rose strat copy. Got it when I was 11 years old cause it looked cool. It was from a shop in germany (lived there at the time).
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen
Wait until he's trying the fullstack, then shove it from behind. Crushing him with it's overdrive

Quote by BobDetroit
You can't tune a LP copies down. Some kind of lawsuit Gibson won. Sorry.
A silver electric Ibanez (Artist, I believe). I started playing bass, and got bored with it, so I enrolled myself in a guitar class, and wanted something well rounded for all styles.
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
Squire strat. I was 16 and had just enough money to buy one of the starter kits.
mine was a strat copy by a company called wesley its see through! woop
i bought a squire P - Bass aswell they looked cool
i'd played bass for a while, and i wanted to play guitar, so i got an epiphone les paul special II. i was 14 or 15
Also a squire strat. My dad bought me the starter kit in high school.

Amazingly enough, I still use the damn thing.
1969 les paul gold top. got it when i was 11. christmas present. i had already been playing for about 5 years classical acoustic lol. first one i picked out and payed for myself was an ibanez rg550 when i was 14. i had a full time job so it only took me a couple weeks to save up for it. oh yeah im now almost 32 lol.
Last edited by jymellis at Nov 6, 2008,
Mine was a Taro Black Les Paul Copy. It had white binding, block inlays and chrome hardware with pickguard. The Body was some sort of plywood and I have no idea what the neck was made of. I kept it several years and eventually replaced the tuners with Grover Imperials, the pickups with DiMarzio an SD1 (Bridge) and PAF (neck). When I went to finally trade it in, the guitar was basically worth nothing, only the add-ons had value and they were stripped from the guitar by the music store! That's when I learned not to invest more money upgrading a cheap guitar, it's like putting gold over shit and calling it art!
Moving on.....
Ibanez starter pack..
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
My epiphone g-400 was my first guitar that is completely mine. The squier strat I have my brother lets me use because he got it and never played it.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Dean EVO it looked like a les paul so i bought thinking it was one.....i was a fool back then
Some TGM piece of shit.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
S&P acoustic
MiM Strat
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
A random no name strat copy made out of plywood. played terrible, tuned terrible and sounded quite pleasant.

I dont miss that POS though.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
I'm think I'm the only person who didn't get a Gibson or a Fender (Or Epiphone or Squire, but same companies.) for a first guitar.

I got a black electric Dean Vendetta 1 for my 17th birthday. I'm 18 1/2 now so you can do the math. Although it was a pretty good guitar (For $270 at least), I'm looking to buy a new guitar now.
my first REAL electric guitar was a ibanez AK85 i got it becuase it was one of those moments when you see an play a damn fine guitar and you just fall in love with it in the shop instantly, i now hardly play my other 7 guitars as i have been playing my cherry sunburst epiphone les paul standard for a good solid year lol.
i'm planning to get a Fender Japan strat for my first guitar in about a month.
Do you guys recommend it?
Squier Mini :P It was my 8 year old brothers, so I used that for about 2 months then got my Epiphone Les Paul Custom.
My Rig
Mesa Triple Rectifier Half Stack
Jackson USA King V 2
1988 American Made Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/Bigsby
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Dean Icon PZ with piezo bridge. Just dumb luck. Probably my best guitar. I'll never sell it.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Ibanez SA260FM. It's my only guitar, technically...

Cost me about $400, but has the features of a $600. The only beef I have with it is that it has a humbucker, but it sounds the same in/out. I guess humbucker + semi-cheap pickups = useless humbucker, eh?

It's also tiny (something I never realized until my older brother used it one time).
Quote by HorizonShadow
Just eat the headstock.

That'll make you look mad.
fender squier stratocaster, given to me on my birthday (not sure which one). i wasn't really interested in playing guitar until this year.

my brother got a fender squier telecaster for one of his birthdays. i play this one a lot more than the strat. i like the feel better.

i got a fender squier p-bass last christmas. i love it.
My first guitar was a pearl white Charvel that my parents had rented for me from the local shop. The first one I actually owned was a 1989 Ibanez EX350, its a little beat up (the neck has broken twice and its got several nicks and dings) but I still have it. As to why I got it I have no idea I guess I just liked how it looked, hey I was 12.
Last edited by Demigawd at Nov 6, 2008,
Squire Bullet Strat almost 4 years ago now
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
A Squier Strat (still have it, upgrading at xmas). Picked it up because it was a starter set and pretty cheap (£140).
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Mexican Made Telecaster in chrome red. It was cheap and was really cool looking.
1990 Gibson SG Special Black
2003 Martin Hd-28
Fender Standard Telecaster Chrome Red
Randall RX120RH On RX412 SOLD!!
Fender Pro Jr. Combo
Keeley Modded Boss DS-1
Electro Harmonics Metal Muff
Ernie Ball Vp Jr.
Squier strat.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
The first electric I played was a some no name strat copy I would play on when i would go over my mates house after school everyday in 9th/10th grade. He got lessons but never stuck to them. He eventually sold it for weed. The first Electric i actually owned was A piece of shit Squier 3/4th scale strat i got when i was 18. NEVER stayed in tune, you'd have to tune the thing up to G just to get it to stay in tune for more then 15 minutes i owned that for about 2 years before i got a better one. I'm glad i got rid of that piece of shit,now it's gathering dust in some kid's closet.
A First Act. I'm still using it...
It doesn't sound that bad. Hoping to upgrade soon, not this Christmas tho because I have to get a suit and suits are expensive.
Squier Strat (Jazz/JB) - Dunlop Zakk Wylde Crybaby - Boss MIJ HM-2 Distortion - Peavey Valveking 212 - Fender CD60
Mine was a Epiphone Limited Edition Signed Music Rising Les Paul Standard. Now, how many of you guys can beat that? NONE.
it's an Epiphone G-400 SG
Quote by severed-metal
These don't sound like very good ambitions when driving...Judas Priest makes people want to go 200 mph, and Realm of Chaos is now an album for ramming shit. You are dangerous, dangerous people.

last.fm
Epiphone Les Paul Jr.

it was a good guitar to get me started and 3 years later im still using Epiphone!
Last.fm

"Music is a language of emotion. It informs our words with FEELING, and doesn't need to be learned.. It's visceral and innate" - Jason Silva
Yamaha EG-112 that i still own... it's been four years since i bought it used, and i think i really couldn't get a better deal... that is the advantage of going to buy the guitar with my guitar teacher... :P

I'm really proud of it and my amp too. it is a fat strat copy, and it gives good tones... REALLY HAPPY
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Page 1 of 2