I just recently a jb in the bridge and jazz in the neck. Now i'm looking for some mods that will make it look better. I think I'm gonna go with all gold hardware, so I was wondering a few things. Is there better tuno matic bridges that the stock one? Also I was wondering if it is hard to put pickup covers on. So far i'm gonna replace the bridge, tuners, volume knobs and add pickup covers. Is there anything else I can do to it that i'm forgetting?
if you want to put chrome/nickel covers, you still have to wax and solder it on the pickup. why not just buy a JB/Jazz set that is already covered? you might want to replace the pots too. there are better hardware out there, use google.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
It's not hard to put pickup covers on, sometimes you don't even have to wax or even solder the covers.
some pickup cover sets are just slip on, you dont even need to remove the pickups, these also (apparently) wont alter tone, but if you use the better quality, soldered/waxed on ones, they make the guitar tone slightly warmer (almost unnoticeable)
Quote by Grif22
some pickup cover sets are just slip on, you dont even need to remove the pickups, these also (apparently) wont alter tone, but if you use the better quality, soldered/waxed on ones, they make the guitar tone slightly warmer (almost unnoticeable)

It's actually very noticeable with Epiphone's pickups (yes, I know he has Duncans).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.