So I've got a BC Rich Bich with two pickups and a three way switch. I can only seem to get squeals when the switch is set to bridge or neck not when its in the middle. And it also only plays within a small range of where the pickup is, I know watching videos they play on different parts of the string for difference sounds but seems I can't.
Quote by ldiablo233
So I've got a BC Rich Bich with two pickups and a three way switch. I can only seem to get squeals when the switch is set to bridge or neck not when its in the middle. And it also only plays within a small range of where the pickup is, I know watching videos they play on different parts of the string for difference sounds but seems I can't.

You technically shouldn't even get a pinch harmonic on the neck pickup at all. It's a complicated subject, but squelies usually are only true sounding on your bridge pickup.
use lots of gain, and the harmonics are not in the same place for all guitars
My Stuff:
Epiphone SG
Jackson DK2M
Dean DOFlage ML
Dean Razorback db
VOX Valvetronix VT30
EHX Metal Muff
Dunlop Crybaby
Digitech RP90

Add me...
Where harmonics are vary from guitar to guitar. And they are slightly different for bridge and neck pickups. So dont work well or at all when using both pickups.
try different areas of the strings to hit with your pick. stay on the bridge like advised but try picking closer towrds the neck also. try picking every string at a different spot. where you might have the sound you want on say the 4th string may require you to pick in a different place for the 3rd string. hope that makes sense
So your saying just like regular harmonics, you can't play every note with one? My new profile song the solo has a PH on 15th fret of the G string.
You probably have higher output and "sharper" sound on your bridge pickup, which makes it easier to produce harmonics.
Fender Jaguar
Morley PVO +
TC Polytune
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Boss DS2
Blackstar HT-40
Digitech Timebender
TC Trinity

(offboard; Whammy IV, Crybaby 535Q, Digitech RP100A)