hey guys as the title says im having major problems with keeping rythm..
i have been playing for about 1 and a half years,and i recently bought a metronome to fully sharpen my skills and accuracy but its seems sooo f*king hard...dont know...
maybe im doing something wrong...
i started out really slow,im right now picking whole notes,at 100bpm but even this seems impossible...i tought id start out like this and then when i get too 200,id switch to picking half notes,and then to quarter notes,then eight and so on...
maybe im doing this wrong but i want to really be accurate with my playing but im starting to get a little pissed of cause i cant keep accurate picking pattern even at this speed...
please help
Just means you need to slow down even more and spend longer working at the slower speed.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
http://www.studybass.com/lessons/rhythm/keeping-the-beat/
http://www.studybass.com/lessons/rhythm/playing-a-steady-pulse/

The site is for bass guitar, but I find it plugs a hole that the guitar community has.
When picking whole notes at 100bpm, do you mean that the click dissapears or that it's just along with it? Some of the activities on those two links are very useful. Transferring rhythm skills into picking in time can be quite challenging aswell
steven how much do i need to slow down dude
im playing whole notes at 100bmp
its seems embarassing to play slower cause i have been playing for 1 and a half year
philipisabeast
it does dissapea but i have these tiny mistakes that are really anoying for example
a pick produces sound a milisecond before that click and thats what pisses me off
Just keep going until you get it, then subdivide the notes from whole to half, quarter, 16th, etc before you speed the metronome up.

It's just hard work, man. No trick to it, unless you count tricking yourself into thinking that there's a shortcut.

Don't sweat it - most of us start out that way.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
but it seems to me that its easier to play some faster stuff than this easy slow stuff
i really dont get it
Quote by syn7
but it seems to me that its easier to play some faster stuff than this easy slow stuff
i really dont get it

^ this means you're playing beyond your means and need to slow down. No matter how fast you get, if you can't slow it down and play it just as well, your fundamentals will always be off, and that, in the long run, will affect everything you do with a guitar.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by syn7
its seems embarassing to play slower cause i have been playing for 1 and a half year

Don't be embarrassed. A year and a half is a pretty short amount of time in guitar.

The problem with first practicing with a metronome is most people don't have nearly the sense of timing they think they do. Everyone assumes that because they can tap their foot to the radio, they have a solid sense of rhythm, and most of the time it's just the opposite.

When I first started on a metronome I had to keep it between 40 - 60 in order to play solid. 2 years later I'm finally comfortable at 120 - 140. Don't worry about getting up to those high numbers right away, slow it down as much as you need to be able to keep a steady beat and still play solid. Rushing will only lead to sloppy playing.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Definately just slow it down, then play some quarters (possibly the scale, just to practice switching from x to x), then speed it up when you feel comfortable. Repeat for any skills you might want to know, then bump it up to eighths after x amount of bpm, resetting the metronome back down to the original tempo. Then sixteens, thirdty-seconds if you want. Then work on combining those to make a perfect, rythmic series of guitar pluckings.
Quote by syn7

Freepower, the guy who wrote the vast majority of the AT forum FAQ, regularly practices at 25bpm and less. Practicing slow is good.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Freepower, the guy who wrote the vast majority of the AT forum FAQ, regularly practices at 25bpm and less. Practicing slow is good.

Freepower = the man. Anything he says is the guitar gospel truth.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
If you practice too fast, and only become comfortable at high speeds, TRUST ME this is a PROBLEM. This develops into a DISEASE I've noticed among new guitar players called "playingeverythingtooquicklyandthusresultinginsloppysound-syndrome." And it will severely mess you up. And you won't be able to impress your friends, contrary to what all these same new hot shots seem to think.
My Rig:
Schecter 006 Diamond Series (Discontinued) Flat Black
Jackson JS30RR Metallic Blue
Line 6 Spider II 210
Boss TU-2
Sennheiser E835-S

Current Top 3:
Between the Buried and Me (Always)
The Faceless
Murder By Death
I truly don't like practicing to a metronome. Conversely I find that it REALLY helps to turn the metronome feature on when using guitarpro/tuxguitar/powertab. I feel lost without it, especially if the powertab doesn't have built-in percussion tracks.
this is a post. there are many like it but this one is mine

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Okko Dominator, Big muff pi, cs3, dd3, ch1, ts9, ad9, classic wah