Page 1 of 2
seriously, global warming, financial crisis, the economical rise of the east...

I am seriously scared of what the future holds in store for us. I was looking for a job as an animator in many film studios around here, only to find out that every single studio has outsourced the animation to the east. They made hundreds of people lose their jobs to save money.

any other reasons to be scared of the future?
The future has always scared people. *positive statements, now gone*

Quote by freedoms_stain
You missed energy crisis.

I'm more scared of losing electricity and transport than all of those other things.

This actually. Fuck my previous positivity.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Last edited by break-me-in at Nov 6, 2008,

I'm more scared of losing electricity and transport than all of those other things.
Hair Loss!
Quote by MooshMooshMarc
i have to admit, I laughed a little

at long f*cking last... a decent compliment

I POSTED THE PEAR ALL I GOT WAS A LOUSY WARNING
The Future: It's When You Die...
If you break a world speed record for a video game, are you a winner, or just someone who REALLY needs to go outside?

Quote by AdemaOnYourHead
My favorite Pokemon is still Dave Mustaine.
Another huge World War, then a Star Trek future all the way baby!

ಠ_ಠ

wat

Im terrified of stores discontinuing the sale of Count Chocola... may that day never come.
I'm not worried about the financial crisis. Global warming freaks me out.

Also, the predictions of countries going to war over food and water scares me a lot.
Quote by juancsego
i have a right to do anything with the least amount of activity possible and if u cant respect that u can go to japan and buy panties out of vending machines...communists

If you live in Australia, save your internet:

Click.
Yeah sounds kinda bad, can't really be arsed with it if i'm honest, i'll just do my best to ignore it and hide from it.
don't think too much on the future, live the present.

...but if you want some clues: starbucks is going to rule the world
Obama is probably going to be killed by CIA
riding bicicles will be considered cool

you wanna bet?
Terminator! Maybe not with the whole time travel thing, but they've got the right idea with machines getting to a stage where they become clever enough to create themselves and become aware of their own existance. Then launch a F.U.C.K load 'o nukes at the world. As you do.....
Quote by the1
meh. Why worry? We cant do alot to save it

That's the spirit.
Quote by juancsego
i have a right to do anything with the least amount of activity possible and if u cant respect that u can go to japan and buy panties out of vending machines...communists

Click.
Quote by nodice182
That's the spirit.

I can't tell whether or not you are being sarcastic.
I mean, we can help global warming- turn lights off, recycle etc. But the majority of stuff is out of our control.
Quote by J.J.G.
don't think too much on the future, live the present.

...but if you want some clues: starbucks is going to rule the world

Actually I think Walmart is going to be ruling the world...its the only major store that's doing well right now because of the financial crisis.

...but yeah I'm scared for the future, glad I'm not alone...sort of.
A power bigger than the pain.
Quote by freedoms_stain

shit, forgot about this.
Quote by the1
meh. Why worry? We cant do alot to save it

i'm with you. There is no harm in striving for a better future but there is definitely no point in worrying about it. I'm too busy shirking all my current responsibilities and having a great time to worry about how it's all gonna catch up with me. oh well, i'll just off myself if it actually gets bad...
"Your just a monkey in a monkey suit, aww yeah!"-Piebald "Long Nights"
i have alot of hope for the future, and as for global warming, ALL the planets are warming up in temp. we are headed for a spiritual evolution (not religious), on 2012 dec. 21 at 11:11 all but one planets aline and a burst of energy comes through the universe and many (not all) will ascend to the 4 dimention. i know crazy right but its true.
Gear

Standard Epiphone LP W/Dimarzio Super 2's
1973 Ampeg VT-22

Fulltone Clyde
Ernie Ball VP Jr
Boss tu-2
Boss sd-1
Ehx Little Big Muff
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Boss eq-7
Ehx Memory Man
Digitech Delay X-series
Ehx Holy Grail
Quote by the1
I can't tell whether or not you are being sarcastic.

I know.

Quote by the1
mean, we can help global warming- turn lights off, recycle etc. But the majority of stuff is out of our control.

Truth. We could always turn vegetarian, it would actually help a lot. But yeah, difficult to change a culture.
Quote by juancsego

Click.
Inflation, Getting a job, cutting my hair, hair loss, hair gain in the wrong places, guitar hero 7, the unruly youths, another plague, dictators of all shapes and sizes and 4chan.

But we're getting resealable coke cans, 2 more slayer albums, and 4chan.
I don't know what to do with my life. I'm studying engineering right now, so I've got five years left before things get serious. But then? I don't know what I'm gonna do, I always thought I'd get hit by a truck or something before I'm twenty. Now I'm twenty-one and am paniking because I've realised that I'll need to stop with the bullsh*t and start living my life like an adult in some years. And honestly, I'm scared sh*tless.

Yeah, I know, I don't have to worry about a job - I'm gonna be an engineer for f*cks sake! It's downright impossible to become unemployed with an engineering degree. Problem is that I'm as irresponsible as it gets and can't pull myself together to do something unless I've got someone who keeps me on track. I don't see myself working in an office either. I don't mind working hard, hell, I've been working in a factory for the last couple of months, ten or more hours a day if I wanted to and I tell you, the work was HARD. But it was nothing serious. I could quit whenever I wanted. I'd just say "boss, I'm out" and that'd be it. Nothing to worry about, I'm just a student and I can do what I want.

It just scare me that I won't be able to change my whole life style from one day to another once I have a job and I'm married or whatever. The thought that I loose control over my life that way if terrifying.

Yeah, I'm a goddamn pussy, I know.
Quote by TheQuailman
I don't know what to do with my life. I'm studying engineering right now, so I've got five years left before things get serious. But then? I don't know what I'm gonna do, I always thought I'd get hit by a truck or something before I'm twenty. Now I'm twenty-one and am paniking because I've realised that I'll need to stop with the bullsh*t and start living my life like an adult in some years. And honestly, I'm scared sh*tless.

Yeah, I know, I don't have to worry about a job - I'm gonna be an engineer for f*cks sake! It's downright impossible to become unemployed with an engineering degree. Problem is that I'm as irresponsible as it gets and can't pull myself together to do something unless I've got someone who keeps me on track. I don't see myself working in an office either. I don't mind working hard, hell, I've been working in a factory for the last couple of months, ten or more hours a day if I wanted to and I tell you, the work was HARD. But it was nothing serious. I could quit whenever I wanted. I'd just say "boss, I'm out" and that'd be it. Nothing to worry about, I'm just a student and I can do what I want.

It just scare me that I won't be able to change my whole life style from one day to another once I have a job and I'm married or whatever. The thought that I loose control over my life that way if terrifying.

Yeah, I'm a goddamn pussy, I know.

I agree with every single thing here.

except for one thing.

it's FACTORY, not FABRIC

fabric means "stoff", not "fabrik"

/english teacher.
Quote by TheQuailman
Wall of writing.

I feel that. Hi five for feeling lost and worried about the future.
Quote by juancsego

Click.
No reason to be scared of the future. World gets fucked? Cool, I get to be Mad Max! World becomes awesome? I get to be Captain Kirk! World continues the way it does? Cool, I got a new iPhone!
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
Global warming has been blown WAY out of proportion by the media and extreme environmentalists. Sure it's happening, but the excessive amount of carbon dioxide we produce by burning fossil fuels is almost ALL used up by plants through photosynthesis every year. On a yearly basis the concentration of carbon dioxide in the air goes up by 2% AT THE MOST. Now that isn't entirely insignificant, but the world is not going to end anytime soon because of it.
Quote by domino_92
Now that isn't entirely insignificant, but the world is not going to end anytime soon because of it.

And if it does, boy will you be red faced.
Quote by juancsego

Click.
Quote by The Leader
No reason to be scared of the future. World gets fucked? Cool, I get to be Mad Max! World becomes awesome? I get to be Captain Kirk! World continues the way it does? Cool, I got a new iPhone!

Think of the bigger picture rather than your pathetic selfish desires. The world isn't about "you". World gets fucked, you starve, get brutally killed, and are too stupid to survive without modern technology. World gets better...unlikely. World stays "the same"? See "world gets fucked".
When was the last time the world WASN'T falling apart? Technologies will be created to cope, but furthermore, I think we'll all be forced to stop living the way we are - which is a good thing. But sadly, I don't think we'll be willing to give that up. So yeah, there is a very good chance that we're screwed because of our dependency on our superficial, counter-productive, over indulged and selfish way of life.

EDIT: And we're all guilty of it.
We're only strays.
No reason to be scared. The sh*t's gonna happen either way, why waste what time you have worrying about it?
The country's in a recession and once I'm outta college there's going to be some hard times for myself.
Also the future holds and older, fatter and bald version of myself to look forward too.
The "world" (mother nature) doesn't care if her planet gets warmer. Gasses and stuff isn't bad for nature. It's bad for us, people. The world will heal itself no problemo.

Just we people are ****ed

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by MrOtter
i'm with you. There is no harm in striving for a better future but there is definitely no point in worrying about it. I'm too busy shirking all my current responsibilities and having a great time to worry about how it's all gonna catch up with me. oh well, i'll just off myself if it actually gets bad...

Haha glad i'm not the only one with that attitude.
Page 1 of 2