Page 1 of 2
alright so heres my theory, of coarse it's just a what if though. What if when we dream were just connecting to ourselves or other people in an alternate universe/reality, and maybe if their is an alternate universe/reality then the people that are dreaming in that alternate universe are dreaming about our universe. I dont know would be pretty interesting but highly un plausible.
Quote by SillyRabbit
un plausible.

Implausible.

Sounds like the theory of a collective unconscious.
Quote by juancsego
i have a right to do anything with the least amount of activity possible and if u cant respect that u can go to japan and buy panties out of vending machines...communists

If you live in Australia, save your internet:

Click.
Quote by The_Faded_Line
whats your point?

there is no point i just thought it was a cool and interesting idea.
It is an interesting theory, but the likelihood of there being more people in an alternate universe seems unlikely; then again, scientists are just now getting into things like this; time travel, warped realities, etc. They just don't spend enough time on it, that's all. I wouldn't go doubting that there isn't another universe, but again, still unlikely at this point in time. I wouldn't mind helping you look into it though, that is, if you believe in your theory
Hold the Heathen hammer high!
it isn't highly unplausible, as there's no way to disprove it.

Haven't you ever thought that dreams seem like something someone else would think about?

That's pretty cool that you thought about that. I'll ask my Chem. teacher (he's a MENSA scholar) what he thinks and I'll get back to ya =]]]
Punch yourself in the face. Did you feel it? Then you are real. Stop over thinking shit.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by SillyRabbit
alright so heres my theory

Hypothesis

Quote by SillyRabbit
of coarse it's just a what if though. What if when we dream were just connecting to ourselves or other people in an alternate universe/reality, and maybe if their is an alternate universe/reality then the people that are dreaming in that alternate universe are dreaming about our universe. I dont know would be pretty interesting but highly un plausible.

And...?

Quote by magnus_maximus
Silly Wabbit. Philosophy is for kids!

████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
What if that were true? You'd still be thinking about whether it's true or not.
I just need about $3.50
(<X.X)O=('.'Q)

I'm the motherflippin'
It better not be. I do some pretty ****ed up things in my dream.

Whenever i have a lucid dream i pretty much fly around and shoot and smash people in the face.
Quote by slavehack
it isn't highly unplausible, as there's no way to disprove it.

I am a dragon.

It's not implausible, seeing as you can't disprove it.
Quote by juancsego
i have a right to do anything with the least amount of activity possible and if u cant respect that u can go to japan and buy panties out of vending machines...communists

If you live in Australia, save your internet:

Click.
Quote by magnus_maximus
First Igneuspentheism, then Lactullosism...

Now TheQuailman is planning a new religion?

What'll this one be called, Aquafowlomniversism?

I can't even pronounce that! Not a very promising religion if the followers can't even say its name!
Hold the Heathen hammer high!
Quote by Greenie_777
It better not be. I do some pretty ****ed up things in my dream.

Whenever i have a lucid dream i pretty much fly around and shoot and smash people in the face.

but what if thats actually happening just not here in our universe? its neat to ponder about things like these. im sure if we all ate a messload of mushrooms we could all make some really ****ed up theories/hypothesis.
That's why humans have brains, and our future isn't written out for us. It's up to us to find out how things work, and why. We learn from problems and make solutions. This isn't overthinking, this is just thinking out of the box. If black holes can absorb matter and energy, where does it go? Why couldn't it be possible for this to happen?
Quote by magnus_maximus
First Igneuspentheism, then Lactullosism...

Now TheQuailman is planning a new religion?

What'll this one be called, Aquafowlomniversism?

It's Lactocalousism dammit, stop disrespecting my beliefs!
Quote by SillyRabbit
but what if thats actually happening just not here in our universe? its neat to ponder about things like these. im sure if we all ate a messload of mushrooms we could all make some really ****ed up theories/hypothesis.

Oh god you should hear my chemical reaction and electron rant when im on shrooms i get so into it. It actually makes no sense now that i've thought about it logically.

It's based around the fact that we as humans are made of the same stuff as all the objects around us but we somehow have the right chemical reactions and electricity to make us ourselves.

My theory was that we were just an experiment and that when we did chemical reactions with electricity that we created life and then we just poured it away down the drain.

God shrooms are fun for your mind.
Quote by slavehack
That's why humans have brains, and our future isn't written out for us. It's up to us to find out how things work, and why. We learn from problems and make solutions. This isn't overthinking, this is just thinking out of the box. If black holes can absorb matter and energy, where does it go? Why couldn't it be possible for this to happen?

1) They can absorb energy?
2) I think it justs adds to their mass / density.

And that's a pretty interesting idea, though my last dream involved Malcom (in the middle) fighting King Kong.
i also have a theory that billions of years when the big astroid hit the dinosaurs it changed something started affecting out waters and helped produce evolving creatures which later turned out to be ourselves over a period of like millions of years though.
hehehe. yes i know. I was seeing if people would call it.
See, that actually just brings about the possibility of an infinite amount of universes based on possible outcomes of every situation, which in theory is caused by quantum mechanics.
but if... they were dreaming, they would be in this universe?

thus we would see them.. we dont.

they dont see us we dont see them.

oh and.. who thinks like that?

moron.
Quote by Ninjake
hehehe. yes i know. I was seeing if people would call it.
See, that actually just brings about the possibility of an infinite amount of universes based on possible outcomes of every situation, which in theory is caused by quantum mechanics.

i remember watching a video about the ten dimensions maybe it was 12--not sure. Anyway it went on to say there IS an infinite amount of possibilities that exists. Therefore making an infinite amount of universes so if this is plausible then an alternate reality can exist because there is infinite universes and possibilties so anything you can think of no matter how stupid or insane could be plausible. Remember that when we dream we can do amazing ridiculous and unintelligent stuff so yeah.

also you have to take into consideration TIME as it could be past present or future. also Space will always exist even if the world ends the universe does not, and if were the only life in the universe at the moment there could be another life form like us in like say 20 billion years out somehwere in the galaxies.
Last edited by SillyRabbit at Nov 6, 2008,
quoted from tool - third eye, a young man on acid realised today that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration.
Quote by magnus_maximus

How so? By knowing that electron A is in field B, we know there are other Universes? Help me out here.

no, but since their are close to an infinite number of electrons in the universe, there are infinite possible positions they could be in, denoting infinite realities where they ARE in those positions.

also, as for the dreaming part, I think we dream of possible eventualities, or things that are happening in different realities, sometimes to ourselves.
so in an alternate universe I was really being chased by a banana?
I see no sign of fortress.
exactly, since the numbers are so huge, it's impossible to calculate them, so close to infinity is the closest you can really say. also, infinity ranges from just above our largest known number into what is actually infinite, because we can't say a number up there.
But one thing is for certain we our not the most important things in the universe and we will NEVER figure out the greatest mysteries because we will never be smart enough or have the technology to figure out some of the hardest mysteries.
Quote by Phorgot
so in an alternate universe I was really being chased by a banana?

Quote by Guitarlord44
I think your on crack

no, but you're on crack, if a banana was chasing you.
So therefore, any number higher than what we can comprehend, is viewed as infinity.
Quote by magnus_maximus
There is no 'range' to infinity. Infinity is infinity.

Infinity + Infinity = Infinity.

Infinity - (infinity -1) = infinity.

Infinity x infinity = infinity.

now, i feel like im on crack.
ESP Eclipse I CTM FR (KGC BRASS BLOCK + IronGear Blues Engine + Dirty Torque + BCS Wiring Kit
Jet City Fusion

Blackstar S1-104 EL34

Engl Standard 4x12 (V60's)

Korg PitchBlack
ZCAT Delay-Reverb
Snarling Dogs Whine-O-Wah
CRACK FTW!!!!! I'm out. This is getting my mind all bottled. Like, my thoughts are all trapped ina bottle.
Quote by magnus_maximus
There is no 'range' to infinity. Infinity is infinity.

Infinity + Infinity = Infinity.

Infinity - (infinity -1) = infinity.

Infinity x infinity = infinity.

infinite can never be estimated noone will ever know, Hey also what if the creator of everything is actually Infinity, but that cant be true cause infinity is always changing not decreasing but fluxuating lol wow
infinity fluctuates?

but surely any number that we cannot comprehend only goes up?
as we comprehend more as a world?
ESP Eclipse I CTM FR (KGC BRASS BLOCK + IronGear Blues Engine + Dirty Torque + BCS Wiring Kit
Jet City Fusion

Blackstar S1-104 EL34

Korg PitchBlack
ZCAT Delay-Reverb
Quote by Beffyyy
infinity fluctuates?

but surely any number that we cannot comprehend only goes up?
as we comprehend more as a world?

yeah nvm stupid post lol.
what are we talking about, im confused?
Jet City Fusion

Blackstar S1-104 EL34

Korg PitchBlack
ZCAT Delay-Reverb
Quote by Beffyyy
what are we talking about, im confused?

an infinite amount of anything you could ever think of if that helps.
why are we talking about something we could never ever think of,

why are we thinking about the unthinkable?
Jet City Fusion

Blackstar S1-104 EL34

Korg PitchBlack
ZCAT Delay-Reverb
Page 1 of 2