I'm getting my first guitar in a week. The one I play now is borrowed from my brother-in-law. Ive already ordered it and Im so excited to get it. I can't wait to play it. I know this is the guitar I want , and I know I will keep playing every day, What I was wondering is if any one else had one and if so, are there are any problems I should watch for? What types of amps and effects should I be looking for?
any help is appreciated
Last edited by 6_months_N at Nov 6, 2008,
what kind of music are you planning to play?
How much money are you planning to spend on an amp?
Are you planning to play with friends or just want a bedroom amplifier?

I don't have any experience with the guitar
I plan to spend around $600 or more on an amp. I have a practice amp right now but I'm not sure what type of amps to be looking for. I play metal, mostly Low B tuning. I do have a few people I play with, other guitar players and a bass player. but I mostly play alone.
You should love this guitar. I've had my Ibanez S since 96 and it's stillone of my favorite guitars. I have a Duncan Distortion in the bridge slot for teh brOOtalZ.
I love this guitar! It should be here Thursday. What kind of Distortion pedal should I get?
how would a JB sound in the neck (i have it too) the pickups are junk, passive EMG's. and if u want a pedal get a satchurator.