hey!

So people...I've got a birthday on Sunday and I have enough money to get a new guitar.
It's about a grand if any one was wondering.
So...I can get myself a custom handmade LP with everything how I want it to be for a grand (cause I know the guy that owns the shop) or I can get a Epi Custom.
The custom handmade one would need about half a year to 1 year to be done but it would be made from best wood around and better quality than Gibson USA ones.
but everyone says the Epi Custom is amazing.
So do you guys think I should wait for the guitar for a year or so or get a Epi Custom and upgrade pups and tuners?
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
custom obviously
Quote by Td_Nights
*Points to Above Poster*

Best. Username. Ever.

Quote by _-Joey-_
I wish I was gay...

PSN- td_rules Steam- tdrules
I think it would be worth it to wait. If you can play one of the custom ones, like one hes already built, it would be great to compare the two.
Quote by Kozlic

The custom handmade one would need about half a year to 1 year to be done but it would be made from best wood around and better quality than Gibson USA ones.

Why consider the Epiphone then ?
I am....making progress...
Custom.
Fender Jaguar
Morley PVO +
TC Polytune
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Boss DS2
Blackstar HT-40
Digitech Timebender
TC Trinity

(offboard; Whammy IV, Crybaby 535Q, Digitech RP100A)
Yeah agree with everyone else. Why are you considering buying the lower quality form of an instrument? Yeah the Epi Custom is amazing, now think hoow good its big brother will be!
Custom.
I'm suprised you even asked a question like that.

If you have something descent enough to play for now, the custom would be the way to go.
Custom made.... Come on, how were you considering an Epiphone to a custom made?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Tsuchiya
Why consider the Epiphone then ?

because he mightn't get it till his next birthday plus the resale value will be nought unless this luthier happens to become famous.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
now I'm playing one of his guitars.
He just lended it to me ...he said ''have it, I won't miss it much''.
So he handed me a HSS strat...now I got a HSH thing...I'm not sure but it reminds me of an Iceman. IT KICKS ASS! really!
I just asked cause got nothing to do :P
thanks guys!
I knew the answer anyways :P
3. You're reading now.
6. You just checked it.

Quote by hawk_kst
I'm jalous.

I want a Custom LP too...
Fender Jaguar
Morley PVO +
TC Polytune
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Boss DS2
Blackstar HT-40
Digitech Timebender
TC Trinity

(offboard; Whammy IV, Crybaby 535Q, Digitech RP100A)
Quote by Lemoninfluence
because he mightn't get it till his next birthday plus the resale value will be nought unless this luthier happens to become famous.

yeah ur right...a year is A LOT for a 15 year old
3. You're reading now.
6. You just checked it.

Quote by hawk_kst
if you're willing to wait, and assuming he's a good luthier, the custom-made one.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'd get custom-made, though if you have one-grand, then you might want to check out the Elitist LP Custom. But, out of the two choices, I'd get custom-made, though it really is hard to tell without playing one that he built.
Quote by Raxef
I'd get custom-made, though if you have one-grand, then you might want to check out the Elitist LP Custom. But, out of the two choices, I'd get custom-made, though it really is hard to tell without playing one that he built.

I own an Elitist and I still say the Custom, but know that I say this basing my mind on the fact he will do a really awesome job.

Best of luck
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.