I might be joining a band tours a plays a lot of shows so I most likely going to need a backup guitar in case something bad were to happen. I currently have a Schecter Hellraiser and I love it, but if I get something else I don't want something exactly the same. I was thinking about an ESP Horizon IINT or Eclipse II. I don't like trems so keep that in mind. I'm open to other suggestions though so post away. Disclaimer: I don't like really thin necks so go ahead and rule out Jackson or Ibanez.
Get like a LP Prophecy or something. Or use this as an excuse to get a nicer guitar and use your your Schecter as a backup.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

^ haha I thought of that, don't get me wrong I love my Hellraiser but a Horizon would be a step up.

EDIT: I'm not too sure about singlecut style guitars though...I know I don't like how the higher fret access is on LPs, but I've never played and Eclipse so I'd have to judge that for myself. I generally like a body like my hellraiser b/c the high fret access makes sweeps a lot easier.
Last edited by zhunt1130 at Nov 6, 2008,
Nice LP with a set of EMG'S?
You have a PRS-Tremonti with EMG'S so it should be fine?
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
get something similar so if something goes wrong your sound isnt way different. Like the schecter devil. Its like the hellraiser, but looks cooler.
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
Quote by Kingyem0c0re
Nice LP with a set of EMG'S?
You have a PRS-Tremonti with EMG'S so it should be fine?

It has the passive HZ pups in it so that doesn't work...pluss I got a new guitar for a reason b/c the SE just doesn't play even close to my Hellraiser.
I love my eclipse, but keep in mind the different scale length as well. It will feel different.

I'd definitely look at the Horizon. (Wow, that sounded sort of deep. . .)
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
how much is your budget?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The 1500ish dollars I'd have to spend on an ESP would probably be the limit, but if it was for something quality like that I think it would be worth it.
Quote by gwitersnamps
I love my eclipse, but keep in mind the different scale length as well. It will feel different.

I'd definitely look at the Horizon. (Wow, that sounded sort of deep. . .)

How's the fret access on it?...scale isn't that big of an issue b/c I still play my SE from time to time and it's shorter but I don't have any problems with it.
Quote by zhunt1130
The 1500ish dollars I'd have to spend on an ESP would probably be the limit, but if it was for something quality like that I think it would be worth it.

yeah, it probably would. i'm struggling to think of a lot of other options, to be honest. there are probably some really obvious ones which I'm missing...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah, it probably would. i'm struggling to think of a lot of other options, to be honest. there are probably some really obvious ones which I'm missing...

haha well me ruling out Ibanez and Jackson probably isn't helping either b/c a lot of people would suggest those.
yeah. i mean, the slsmg might have a thicker neck, but i haven't tried it... if there's an american-made version, it might be worth a look...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah. i mean, the slsmg might have a thicker neck, but i haven't tried it... if there's an american-made version, it might be worth a look...

I actually played that exact guitar the other day and hated it. The neck felt paper thin, for some reason thin necks like that make my hand crap and I can't have that happen halfway through a solo on stage.
oh ok, no problem. how thin are the esp necks?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
oh ok, no problem. how thin are the esp necks?

couldn't tell ya nobody in my city sells em...from what I've heard they are somewhere between Schecter and Ibanez, which if they're right sounds ideal to me.

EDIT: for all I know, I could hate their necks, but I guess I won't know until I try one out.
Quote by zhunt1130
couldn't tell ya nobody in my city sells em...from what I've heard they are somewhere between Schecter and Ibanez, which if they're right sounds ideal to me.

That's about right.
Maybe a EX-400?

Saves you some money, EMGs, looks very good (I am guessing your into metal/rock from your guitar list)

Or the MH-400 looks nice for around the same price, any of the LTD 400s come around the same price and would suit you i think, just picking the shape/specs you prefer
Manchester United
Quote by coryklok
That's about right.

yeah, probably. i've only tried a couple... depends on the model too, different models have different necks...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If you want something similer to your hellraiser this might be worth a look

http://www.schecterguitars.com/spec.asp?id=254
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by Shabalaba
Maybe a EX-400?

Saves you some money, EMGs, looks very good (I am guessing your into metal/rock from your guitar list)

Or the MH-400 looks nice for around the same price, any of the LTD 400s come around the same price and would suit you i think, just picking the shape/specs you prefer

If I get anything it would be either another Hellraiser in a different color or something very close in quality or nicer. I think the LTD 1000 series would be the lowest I would go as far as ESP's go. Hell I might even look into a used PRS and throw some EMGs in it.
Quote by zhunt1130
How's the fret access on it?...scale isn't that big of an issue b/c I still play my SE from time to time and it's shorter but I don't have any problems with it.

The upper bout meets the neck at the 17th fret. I can reach the 24th fret on the high e with my ring finger, no problem. But my fingers are fairly long. I can message you a pic of my hand fretting up there if it will help.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Vox AD50
Quote by gwitersnamps
The upper bout meets the neck at the 17th fret. I can reach the 24th fret on the high e with my ring finger, no problem. But my fingers are fairly long. I can message you a pic of my hand fretting up there if it will help.

I think that just confirmed my theory on single cuts b/c I can reach the 24th high e with my index finger easily and I have relatively small hands.
Oh yeah, it's DEFINITELY reduced access. But I don't see why you would use your index finger up there in the first place.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Vox AD50
Quote by gwitersnamps
Oh yeah, it's DEFINITELY reduced access. But I don't see why you would use your index finger up there in the first place.

I don't but it's just the fact that I'm able to with that kind of access, know what I mean?
^ I'm not too hot on crazy body styles but I wasn't away Schecter even sold custom shops in stores, I thought it was just they sold those to people who put in orders individually...maybe I should look into some more of their USA stuff.