mmmm why not play any song and add pinch harmonics to it
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
mama im coming home, unholy confessions, a lot of TDG stuff, try zakk wylde and jake e lee they are reknowned for their pinch harmonics
Cemetry Gates by Pantera is a good pinch harmonic workout. It has the squeals in the riff, and the stratospheric harmonics at the end. Have fun.
yeah, no more tears or mostly every song by ozzy with zakk wylde. welcome home is okay... oh sharp dressed man solo. or the holy diver solo. a7x got old real fast...
Quote by stephen_rettie
^ya, and welcome home by coheed is a great song to practice them

this

beat me to it
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
duality - Slipknot

Ibanez S2170 Purple Chameleon finish
Vintage SG
Roland Microcube
Digitech overdrive
Digitech HEAVY METAL
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by zakkwyldefan79
Anything Zakk Wylde - BLS, Pride & Glory and some of Ozzy's stuff.

mmm that'll only teach him how to overuse them so much it might make him impotent.
i disagree, zakk wylde does use pinch harmonics in most his music if not every song but he is a good example if your trying to practice. In my opinion welcome home by coheed and cambria over do it with there intro. Possibly my favorite and the most well placed ph is in the bridge/breakdown in scream aim fire by bullet for my valentine.
Killswitch Engage!

Try most of the songs on The End of Heartache album
Last edited by metalcorefan at Jul 14, 2009,
Quote by firetothemax
Cemetry Gates by Pantera is a good pinch harmonic workout. It has the squeals in the riff, and the stratospheric harmonics at the end. Have fun.

+1 Good song for them, first one i learnt after learning pinched harmonics
If you want to try something that involves fast, palm muted low E riffs that add pinch harmonics on other strings listen to Psychosocial by Slipknot. It's in Drop A but you can just go to drop D and try it. Takes a while to learn how to get your pick from the low E string to the notes you have to pinch on the D.
make something your self with a pinch harm in it
A lot more funnier then learning new song just to practise it
Try some ZZ Top for harmonics.

Sharp dressed man
La Grange
Tush

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
Quote by seankellyultgtr
mama im coming home, unholy confessions, a lot of TDG stuff, try zakk wylde and jake e lee they are reknowned for their pinch harmonics

I came into this thread only to count how many post will it take till someone mentions Zakk Wylde. As is turns out - 3
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
Quote by jonmo1
Try some ZZ Top for harmonics.

Sharp dressed man
La Grange
Tush

Yup La Grange is a good'un for ph
Guitars
Ibanez RG350MYE
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Tanglewood Evo Exotic TSF CE XFM

Amps
Vox Night Train w/ V112NT
Vox Valvetronix VT30

GAS List
MIA Strat
Schecter Blackjack ATX C-7
Diezel VH4

"Negative, I am a meat popsicle"
Quote by stephen_rettie
mmm that'll only teach him how to overuse them so much it might make him impotent.

+1 haha
Black Label Society - Counterfeit God
Lots of pinch harmonics.
3 Days Grace - Animal I Have Become
Actually only 1 pinch harmonic that you keep doing over and over again. *this is the song that I used to learn and practice my PH's*
Lamb of God - Laid to Rest
Those are just a few. And I know most of BLS and LOG songs have plenty of pinch harmonics.
Quote by stephen_rettie

It's just another technique.
Saying that he plays "too many" would be like saying that Dream Theatre's songs are too long, it just fits.

Anyhow, there is a reason that he uses them so often and that's that he's great at them and has great vibrato going on, what a lot of pinch harmon-ists don't have.

Learn "Destruction Overdrive" by Black Label Society.
Also, "Stillborn", the main riff is 100% PHs.
As mentioned before in this thread, Cemetary Gates by Pantera. I'm using that song right now to practice pinch harmonics.
Old thread is old; pointless necrobump is pointless.
'ported for close
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Kentris.5
No More Tears - Ozzy

EDIT: Anything with Zakk Wylde playing

Perry Mason- Ozzy.

One of my favorites.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ