Okay, so I have been thinking about giving lessons for the Manx language(I wish to support it and hope it becomes a widely spoken language again), and I don't know exactly how to execute my plan. I haven't a solid plan yet, because(as the thread title suggests) I don't know how I should go about this. So I come to the Pit. What would be the most reasonable price and times for lessons? I do have a goal(specifically plane tickets before Christmas break), but I don't think that will work out no matter HOW much I charge for these lessons; I don't want to send any one into bankruptcy or anything, I just want to show my support for the language and the Isle of Man. What do you guys/girls think? I am prepared for fap, rape, murder, searchbar, lol wut?, and those comments, so go nuts. I have already made a "poster" advertising my goals and lessons( with the phrase Ynsee Gaelg! at the top). Please help my small, worthless brain, Pit!
Hold the Heathen hammer high!
gaelic is dead! jesus!
eugh and anyway theres already a school for manx.
but suppose if your capable of actually teaching a language (are you sure your capable?) fiver an hour i suppse
Quote by Rockwolf
Holy Shit, you live in the IOM?

Whereabouts?

No I wish I did, but I'm a plain ol' boring American. I have an interest in Celtic languages and love my Irish heritage, though If I did live there, though, I know the capital and largest city is D(h)oolish. I put the 'h' there because I have seen it as Doolish and Dhoolish; I forget why, but it's the same in Irish.

Well, I still would want to learn the language regardless, but oh well. I'm back to square one. I just don't know what else to do; I can't really get out much in the Winter...
Quote by black amendment
No I wish I did, but I'm a plain ol' boring American. I have an interest in Celtic languages and love my Irish heritage, though If I did live there, though, I know the capital and largest city is D(h)oolish. I put the 'h' there because I have seen it as Doolish and Dhoolish; I forget why, but it's the same in Irish.

Well, I still would want to learn the language regardless, but oh well. I'm back to square one. I just don't know what else to do; I can't really get out much in the Winter...

The weather over here is terrible in the winter. Your not really missing much. I live in Rhumsaa (Ramsey) in the north of the island. How are you exactly going to go about teaching people the Manx language?
Quote by Rockwolf
The weather over here is terrible in the winter. Your not really missing much. I live in Rhumsaa (Ramsey) in the north of the island. How are you exactly going to go about teaching people the Manx language?

Well, I guess apparently it isn't as astonishing as I was led to believe, but I have found some resources that are as happy about springing life back into as I am(forget the site's name; just type Learn Manx, and there should be a page that says something like, "Skeeal-about Manx") I am learning from this site, and intend to teach in the same way; the problem is that the way they teach makes it hard to learn; they don't go and cover pronunciation from top to bottom; they don't cover grammar; it's basically just a phrase thing. But it has major potential, seeing as though I have already learned quite a bit of it myself! Which is why I feel if I can do it, why can't anybody else? I just need money It is hard to make :P I don't know, but I felt like being a supporter and helping you guys out. I'll figure it out somehow.

Any ideas?
You could always form a band and write songs in Manx. Probably not the best way to go about things, but it's worth a try.
Quote by Rockwolf
You could always form a band and write songs in Manx. Probably not the best way to go about things, but it's worth a try.

I do have a band... hmm... interesting idea! Like you said, worth a shot, right? Now, here's the problem: my bandmates aren't even in the same state! And, I don't know how I would make any moneys. However, I will write songs in the language regardless( I could post them in the Songwritting and Lyrics form and watch as everybody passes it by to look at some poem a person wrote while they were drunk!)

You have some interesting ideas, though