VOX Valvetronix VT30
EHX Metal Muff
Dunlop Crybaby
Digitech RP90

Add me...
Quote by benonbass1
just tune them half a step sharper
What tuning is that?? ive never seen it before

C# F# B E G# C# = Db Gb Cb Fb Ab Db, basically a minor third below standard tuning, why in god's green earth would you want to do that to your guitar is beyond me, but that seems right
Gear:
Ibanez RG121
Ibanez GTA15R Amp
red Allegro nylon-strung acoustic of unkown model

Quote by Mechanix

We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

^
I dont know what tuning it is. The song is two weeks-All That Remains
And how do I tune it a half step sharper?
My Stuff:
Epiphone SG
Jackson DK2M
Dean DOFlage ML
Dean Razorback db
VOX Valvetronix VT30
EHX Metal Muff
Dunlop Crybaby
Digitech RP90

Add me...
The sharp is just another semitone (one fret difference, in laymans terms). Typically, CFBEGC is not a "standard tuning". Basically, what you're looking at there is 1 1/2 stepped down Standard Tuning.. Drop EADGBE (Standard Tuning) down one step, and you're at DGCFAD. Drop that down a half step this time, and you're at C#F#BEG#C#. There is no "B-Sharp/C-Flat" or "E-Sharp/F-Flat" in guitar tuning. Therefor, a half-step counts as B-C and E-F, in those cases only. Hopefully that helps.

I agree with the question as to why you would EVER want to go CFBEGC, though. There would be such a change to the way you'd have to play ANY song built into a standard/dropped/open tuning, it wouldn't even be funny.

To tune to that from CFBEGC, just tighten the C, F, G, and C strings by one semi-tone: tune them one fret pitch higher. I would assume you know how to do this, but perhaps not. First of all, your "little e" string is the "1st String". Basically, you need to make the C/6th-String's 4th fret equal the open F/5th-String. Then, once that is tuned correctly, you will do the same with the 5th fret of the F/5th-String to equal open B/4th-String. Then the C/6th, F/5th, B/4th, and E/3rd are in correct tune. For the G/2nd-String, you need the G/2nd-String played open, equals the 4th fret of the E/3rd-String. Then, for the final string: the C/1st-String, you need to make it open-played match the 5th fret of the G/2nd-String.

Okay, so now you should have taken yourself from CFBEGC to C#F#BEG#C#: in short, you added an semitone to the 6th, 5th, 2nd, and 1st string.

Hopefully that helps. By the way, I know for a fact that All That Remains plays in Standard D tuning. At least, they usually do. They do sometimes change tunings, though: and Standard C# is one of their more common ones. Haven't ever learned the song you're looking to play, though, so unfortunately, I cannot vouch for sure.
Last edited by TwistedVince at Nov 6, 2008,
Thanks for the help.
My Stuff:
Epiphone SG
Jackson DK2M
Dean DOFlage ML
Dean Razorback db
VOX Valvetronix VT30
EHX Metal Muff
Dunlop Crybaby
Digitech RP90

Add me...