Do any of you guys know anything about Dean Z strats? I tried to Google it and didn't find much information on them (everything that came up was the Explorer based body). I'm a huge Dean fan and a buddy of mine said he'll sell me a guitar.. this Dean Z strat. It has 2 humbuckers and he says its from the 80's if that helps. I've never seen one before and I'm curious.
Judas Priest ftw.

Quote by shadow__666
I still can't figure out why you'd write stuff on your guitar when you could have a Hello Kitty strat like all the other metal kids do.

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Jackson DX10D
Dean Schenker Std
Peavey 6505+ 112
i dont know about you but a dean Z strat kinda contradicts itself.....surely its either a Z or a strat??
The Dean Z is a explorer.
WTF is your friend talking about?
Unless it was a strat before, which will be weird
Quote by The Spoon
I think this man wins the thread.

Quote by ZeGuitarist
We have a winner.
Its a strat body, but the headstock says Dean Z right on it.
Judas Priest ftw.

Quote by shadow__666
I still can't figure out why you'd write stuff on your guitar when you could have a Hello Kitty strat like all the other metal kids do.

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Jackson DX10D
Dean Schenker Std
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by zakkwyldefan79
I have a Dean Strat style guitar from the late 80's and it is called a Jammer III. The Dean Z is an Explorer style guitar.

More info?
Judas Priest ftw.

Quote by shadow__666

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Jackson DX10D
Dean Schenker Std
Peavey 6505+ 112
look on the dean site, it says Z and the pic is an explorer lookalike.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
As far as I know, the Dean "Z" series are all Explorer shape guitars.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
It's NOT an Explorer. Its looks just like a Jackson Dinky.. headstock and everything.
It clearly says Dean Z.
Judas Priest ftw.

Quote by shadow__666

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Jackson DX10D
Dean Schenker Std
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by DilBomb
More info?

I wish I had more info. I haven't been able to find anything on it. I've never seen another one like it. It's a true strat style body with the pickguard. It has a 22 fret neck with dot inlays and a Jackson-ish style headstock. It said Dean in big letters and Jammer III in small letters out from it. I've been told it's an 88 or 89 model but I'm not sure. Does the one you're talking about sound anything like this?
Pics?
Quote by Prophet of Page
If Hendrix, Clapton and Page were to jam, the most impressive guitarist playing would be Paul Gilbert.

Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

member of the Mitch Hedberg pwns club pm Knives490 to join
Quote by zakkwyldefan79
I wish I had more info. I haven't been able to find anything on it. I've never seen another one like it. It's a true strat style body with the pickguard. It has a 22 fret neck with dot inlays and a Jackson-ish style headstock. It said Dean in big letters and Jammer III in small letters out from it. I've been told it's an 88 or 89 model but I'm not sure. Does the one you're talking about sound anything like this?

Sounds pretty damn close. What bridge does yours have?
Judas Priest ftw.

Quote by shadow__666

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Jackson DX10D
Dean Schenker Std
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by eviledge87
Pics?

If I had any I would have posted them already.
Judas Priest ftw.

Quote by shadow__666

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Jackson DX10D
Dean Schenker Std
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by zakkwyldefan79
Strat style two point trem. Not a Floyd.

Hmm.. this guitar is confusing the hell outta me. I got a quick glance at my buddy's and it looked almost like a Kahler. It could be a mod though, too.
Judas Priest ftw.

Quote by shadow__666

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Jackson DX10D
Dean Schenker Std
Peavey 6505+ 112
A few years back I repainted mine. I sanded the name off the headstock and painted it black. Now I wish I had left the headstock original. It is the Custon Frankenstrat that is listed in my profile. When I finish it I'll post some pics.
Quote by zakkwyldefan79
A few years back I repainted mine. I sanded the name off the headstock and painted it black. Now I wish I had left the headstock original. It is the Custon Frankenstrat that is listed in my profile. When I finish it I'll post some pics.

This one is a metallic burgundy. Its a pretty cool color.
I might buy it just for shits and giggles.
$75? That's a nice price for almost any guitar.
Judas Priest ftw.

Quote by shadow__666

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Jackson DX10D
Dean Schenker Std
Peavey 6505+ 112

See? Dean Z right on the headstock. You guys are forgetting the man's last name is Zelinsky, which could have something to do with it..
Judas Priest ftw.

Quote by shadow__666

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Jackson DX10D
Dean Schenker Std
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by DilBomb

See? Dean Z right on the headstock. You guys are forgetting the man's last name is Zelinsky, which could have something to do with it..

Mine was close to that one. Mine was Red with a black pickguard, 1 humbucker & 2 single coils, Strat style trem, rosewood fretboard and the head stock was black with Dean written in white in the same style of writting as that one.
Quote by Tubyboulin
Maby he switched the original neck for a neck off a Z series guitar?

I don't think he did, but I'm not too sure.
Judas Priest ftw.

Quote by shadow__666

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Jackson DX10D
Dean Schenker Std
Peavey 6505+ 112
why don't you ask him?
36 Crazyfists
Trivium
Machine Head
August Burns Red

And I like my penis. Because of it's existence, every morning I can look past the man thongs, pink duvet cover and a-Ha CDs and say to myself, "You're a man."

Like I said in my other post mine is a Dean Jammer III it was Red with a black pickguard, 1 humbucker & 2 single coils. I have repainted it but here are some pics.

Last edited by zakkwyldefan79 at Jan 17, 2009,