Page 1 of 2
I acted like a dumbshit today and got in trouble with my mom. She has taken away everyting from me. Even my guitar. I bought my guitar. should she be able to take it away really since she didnt buy it? I know i probably sound like a whinny kid right about now but no guitar for a month. seriously. Im already goin crazy and its been 3 hours.
And she didn't take away the computer?

I smell BS.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
You live in your parent's house.

You live by their rules.

You admitted you did something wrong, and now you have to live with it.

Sounds like a personal problem to me.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
I need a good laugh. What did you do?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
It's a total affront to your human dignity. lawyer up and go all the way to the ECH or whatever.

Or grow some, and apologise grovellingly to your mother in a couple of days.
Of course she can, shes your mother.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Yeah, unfortunately. As my parents like to say,"We own everything under this roof. Even you."

That goes for the guitar as well, mate. Sorry. Hope she gives it back in day or two anyway.
XIAOXI
Run away, maybe you can make it more then 10km!

Sorry.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by Abunai X
Yeah, unfortunately. As my parents like to say,"We own everything under this roof. Even you."

That goes for the guitar as well, mate. Sorry. Hope she gives it back in day or two anyway.

I would say if he bought it with his own money that he worked for (no gifts, allowance, etc.) then it's his. But taking away your guitar is just plain mean. I can understand an Xbox, your phone, or the computer. But your guitar? Really.
Quote by Jackintehbox
This man knows his beverages.
Quote by 7daycrisis
^somebody get this man 30 million dollars.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I think I love you. I consider you a prominent UGer.
Quote by Stormx
90.200.36.223 is my IP. Try me.
Quote by BillieJoeFreak:
I would say if he bought it with his own money that he worked for (no gifts, allowance, etc.) then it's his. But taking away your guitar is just plain mean. I can understand an Xbox, your phone, or the computer. But your guitar? Really.

Well, what the hell point is there in a punishment if it doesn't sting? It's like the 'penalty' for dieing in WAR.
I mean, I can see kids being dismayed by being told "you're not allowed to do any homework for a month!".
ofcourse she has the right

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Quote by MightyAl
Well, what the hell point is there in a punishment if it doesn't sting? It's like the 'penalty' for dieing in WAR.
I mean, I can see kids being dismayed by being told "you're not allowed to do any homework for a month!".

I didn't mean it like that. Taking away my guitar would be just as bad as taking away, say, dinner, for me personally. My parents sometimes take away my phone/xbox and I bitch about it, yeah, but they would never take away my guitar.
Quote by Jackintehbox
Quote by 7daycrisis
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Quote by Stormx
Quote by daytripper75
she can pretty much do what she wants.

WHAT EVA WHAT EVA I DO WHAT I WAHN'T
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Quote by DiveRightIn63
WHAT EVA WHAT EVA I DO WHAT I WAHN'T

That post was totally necessary.
Quote by Jackintehbox
Quote by 7daycrisis
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Quote by Stormx
Quote by BillieJoeFreak:

The law would disagree with you.
<Han> I love Hitler
I dont think its fair that she takes away something you bought.

But it is her electricity. So take that.
a guy told me that the tremolo bar was called the "distortionator"
You live in her house, her laws

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
Quote by HaKattack
The law would disagree with you.

On the contrary, if he bought it with the money he rightfully earned, then it's legally his.
Quote by Jackintehbox
Quote by 7daycrisis
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Quote by Stormx
Quote by BillieJoeFreak:
I didn't mean it like that. Taking away my guitar would be just as bad as taking away, say, dinner, for me personally. My parents sometimes take away my phone/xbox and I bitch about it, yeah, but they would never take away my guitar.

Maybe you just haven't pushed them hard enough.
Quote by MightyAl
Maybe you just haven't pushed them hard enough.

Maybe, but I don't wanna try it
Quote by Jackintehbox
Quote by 7daycrisis
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Quote by Stormx
Quote by BillieJoeFreak:
On the contrary, if he bought it with the money he rightfully earned, then it's legally his.

On the contrary, if you're a minor, you have no legal claim to any of your personal property, unless you are legally emancipated.
<Han> I love Hitler
i have that happen to me a couple times i know how you feel
I SAW YOUR MOMMY AND YOUR MOMMYS DEAD
Quote by HaKattack
On the contrary, if you're a minor, you have no legal claim to any of your personal property, unless you are legally emancipated.

I'm thought the age was 16, but I'd have to look it up. If it isn't, sucks for OP then.
Quote by Jackintehbox
Quote by 7daycrisis
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Quote by Stormx
Quote by Avengethedeath
I acted like a dumbshit today and got in trouble with my mom. She has taken away everyting from me. Even my guitar. I bought my guitar. should she be able to take it away really since she didnt buy it? I know i probably sound like a whinny kid right about now but no guitar for a month. seriously. Im already goin crazy and its been 3 hours.

ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
ok well im sorry dude, but yeah ur mom can take ur guitar, even if it is yours, beacuse it doesnt matter to the cops, my aunt hit my cousin in front of the cops and they didnt do shit, so yeah....
but as for my parents taking MY guitar, they wouldnt, because i play them songs alot, and do gigs also
possession is 9/10 of law a it is in your parents house and you can't prove you paye for it, therefore they own it.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Yep. As soon as you're paying the rent and the bills, you get to make the rules. Until then go back to your room and think about what you've done!
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by BillieJoeFreak:

meh hes a dependent. So actually, the law backs her.
Quote by kgesme21

Quote by Hsupernova

Oh yeah, and if guitar hero got you into the guitar? you're really playing for the wrong reasons.

there is no wrong reason to play a guitar, except for world enslavement and extermination of certain races, but those guys never make it big anyway.
Quote by Avengethedeath
suck it up, kid. shit happens.

maybe she'll trade you access to the guitar for rights to your bed.
you can sleep on the floor for a month, if she lets you play the guitar. idk.

face it. she has the power and you don't. i think this is probably the message she needed get across. in the future, don't act like a dumbass?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
in the future, don't act like a dumbass?

This. And maybe, just maybe, go apologize to the woman who birthed you, raised you, fed you, cleaned up your sh*t, and gave up pretty much her whole life (yes, she used to have one) for your well being. You woulden't be so up in arms if she died tomorrow.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
It's like a whiny version of metallica.

My mom, has taken my stuff
Taken my shit
Taken my guitar
Taken my legs. Wait what?

Anyway, yeah, it's her house. While it may be your property, it's their house, they decide the rules of how you live there I guess.
Page 1 of 2