For some of our bands songs say for example in the key of bmajor is it okay to use say for instance the bminor pentatonic or does it have to stick to the major/minor key?
just think of the relative minor to b-major, which is f# minor, and use the f# minor or f# pentatonic minor scales. the f# pentatonic minor will work well.
I can't stand watching people waste their money on horrible gear.
Quote by paulseagull08
For some of our bands songs say for example in the key of bmajor is it okay to use say for instance the bminor pentatonic or does it have to stick to the major/minor key?

It depends on the backing really, in a lot of older rock songs there are moments when you can use the minor pentatonic over a song that is essentially major (Sweet Home Alabama has a few moments like that) but it really does depend on the musical context and what sound you want.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by tallaxegrinder
just think of the relative minor to b-major, which is f# minor, and use the f# minor or f# pentatonic minor scales. the f# pentatonic minor will work well.

should be g# minor, not f# minor
-
-
--
---
-----
--------
-------------
Yay fibonacci!