Page 1 of 2
They do an adequate job of presenting the opportunity to educate teens, it's up to the students whether they get an education out of it or not.
I don't know I go to private school
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Schools fine. It's wether you choose to learn or not
To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true.

Quote by RU Experienced?
They do an adequate job of presenting the opportunity to educate teens, it's up to the students whether they get an education out of it or not.

This.

The more effort a student puts in, the more educated they'll be at graduation.

oh that is great!

"'Evil men have no songs.' How is it that the Russians have songs?"
Quote by RU Experienced?

Quote by andOverTheHills
Schools fine. It's wether you choose to learn or not

Yep and yep.
Ball's in your court dude.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Its completely up to the student. The teachers may be great, but the students may not give a fuck.

But there are students who suck really hard as well.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Education isn't broad enough, and kids only learn what they need to in order to pass said subjects exam, what education should do is inspire the pupil into wanting to find out more about said topic.

Okay, I'm tired, I'm going to bed.
"Loathe metaphors. Pander to undereducated masses. Get doctorate, have a real conversation" Mordin Solus
Quote by RU Experienced?

Yeah, teachers do the same job regardless or where you are (exceptions in private schools and stuff like that) its up to the kid if he wants to listen and pay attention

Unless the teacher is just a bad teacher

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
My school does fine and I learn plenty. It's the only one I've ever attended though, so I can't really judge them all.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
I sure haven't learned much other than this chick in senior class is uh...very fun to be around sometimes. Especially when nobody else is.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Quote by RU Experienced?

Well said, although I do have to disagree, but only marginally. Because of the new 'exit exam' system teens arent being taught how to survive in the real world, theyre being taught how to pass a test.

Honestly, I make six figures, and I rarely went to class. I learned more watching the discovery channel for 2 hours on a saturday then I did in an entire week of school.
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
Our public school system is sub-par, mostly due to the students sent there. I guarantee our private high schools could compete with any in the world. Private schools tend to kick out those who don't want to learn.
hell no.

my math teacher couldn't teach to save his life.
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
Depends on the area and teachers.

I lived in a pretty upper class city, so my school had a lot of advantages, along with great teachers.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
kids at school just learn what they need to learn then forget it all (if they even learn it). it's worthless.
Quote by gizmodious
Well said, although I do have to disagree, but only marginally. Because of the new 'exit exam' system teens arent being taught how to survive in the real world, theyre being taught how to pass a test.

Honestly, I make six figures, and I rarely went to class. I learned more watching the discovery channel for 2 hours on a saturday then I did in an entire week of school.

That's true to an extent (I do agree they teach students to pass a test). I wasn't really talking about teaching students to hold a job in the real world, rather that if you go into a geometry class you will generally be able to learn the subject matter very well given how much effort you put towards it.

Edit^: Once again, they need to have a desire to learn the material for it to stick.
Quote by RU Experienced?

Truth.
If there is a sex education teacher, the school is doing it's job.

If there is a strip club within 500 yards of the school, the board of education is frickin' amazing.
Quote by bendystraw
I go down on one knee and do that shit cello style

Quote by Tomosaurus
If there is a sex education teacher, the school is doing it's job.

If there is a strip club within 500 yards of the school, the board of education is frickin' amazing.

STOP IT!!!!!!!
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
I went to both and i find that private school students generally get an education BUT this is because the majority of the students in private schools get their shit done. in a public school you can get just as much of an education and the kids who want to do its just the screw ups who all they want to do is be thugs that tarnishes the system, unfortunately you cant root those out in a public school like you can a private school
Quote by GibsonRocker14
hell no.

my math teacher couldn't teach to save his life.

Is he still alive?

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic
Is he still alive?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
No. I was taught just about the same thing from grade 6 to grade 12.
The curriculum was based solely to take a test.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
according to all of my professors here they think that the teachers now have no ****ing idea what they are teaching. That they teach complete bullshit. i have to say this is true
Quote by nincompoop
potcorn56, you are a god.
It's up to the students to take in their education. And it's up to parents to enforce the value of education in their children. Sure, Private Schools might have better enforcing of education, and therefore generally more motivated students, but public schools definately do their job. For example, there's a student at my friend's school in my city, who works for the United Nations - at age 16ish, where as my private school doesn't have anyone with any major contributions to the community. It's all about motivation.
Quote by potcorn56
according to all of my professors here they think that the teachers now have no ****ing idea what they are teaching. That they teach complete bullshit. i have to say this is true

Ya I can see where it would take 12 years to master that.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58

Ya I can see where it would take 12 years to master that.

Only way I can see it taking 12 years to master that is if they were trying to master it with a fork.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by gizmodious

Wow, can I be the first to say that you're my hero?

Did 2 hours of Discovery Channel teach you mathematics, English, a foreign language, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Geography, Design Technology, History and ICT?! I should really get a satellite dish!
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by gizmodious

what do you do?
Quote by nincompoop
potcorn56, you are a god.
It's not totally up to the student, I've had some really crappy teachers that are underqualified and/or don't give a shit. Try going to a really crappy inner city school.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Thing with my school system is everything is taught to you to pass an end of year test. So everything they teach isn't to get you ready for college, but to pass a test to make the county/school look better.
Quote by valennic
Only way I can see it taking 12 years to master that is if they were trying to master it with a fork.

Exactly.

Quote by potcorn56
what do you do?

He makes Yakult jealous.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
In my experience public schools do a better job then catholic schools, at least thats how it is in my town.
I just watched that southpark episode a while ago about the homeschooled kids, I agree with its message, that while you may not get the best education at public school that you could get elsewhere, you learn something much more important there, social skills. Being homeschooled or in a school with 10 other kids you wont learn these skills very well(usually).
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by The_Paranoia
Thing with my school system is everything is taught to you to pass an end of year test. So everything they teach isn't to get you ready for college, but to pass a test to make the county/school look better.

same here, thats why I dont like virginias school system. oh well, least we aren't 48th in education like neighbor north carolina.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Page 1 of 2