I'm sure there's been at least three threads exactly like this in the past month.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Usually session musicians are very good. Many have gone to music schools and can read music (something many popular guitarists can't do, music dyslexkia).
Quote by Prophet of Page
If Hendrix, Clapton and Page were to jam, the most impressive guitarist playing would be Paul Gilbert.

Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

member of the Mitch Hedberg pwns club pm Knives490 to join
I would imagine they're <generally> better...
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
Quote by Tomosaurus
we rock

now, wanna tell me which way to the nearest armoury base is?

whats with people saying this all day now?
I'm Steve
I would think their phenomenally better that the average guitarist. They actually learned like everything.
Quote by kranoscorp
I find that I feel the same about women who play bass as I think of immigrants in America.

I respect them for finding a place in society under a lot of ridicule, but I have an odd paranoia that they are going to steal my job.
Session guitarists are usually the most technically skilled, since they usually play all styles. Band guitarists, save for a few, are almost always only good at one style.
Probably depends on how good the session guitarist is... and how good the guy in the band is
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
Jimmy Page was a session guitarist before Led Zeppelin. Beat that.
Quote by Jackintehbox
This man knows his beverages.
Quote by 7daycrisis
^somebody get this man 30 million dollars.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I think I love you. I consider you a prominent UGer.
Quote by Stormx
90.200.36.223 is my IP. Try me.
$10 says that this guy is the same multi idiot who keeps making threads about middle easterners.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana