if anyone else reads the harry potter books then do you get pissed off by just how inaccurate the movies are to the books. its a shame that the directors think they have to change important details of a great book to the garbage that makes up the movies
Movies are always better because they generally take 1/10th the time.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
If you tried making the HP movies accurate to the books(especially the later ones), you'd end up with a movie 6 hours long.
The market for HP is predominantly young people, who won't sit still for it. Thus, the movie is shorter becuse kids are rubbish.
I don't really care about the changes. But I DO hate the people who intently follow the movies but don't read the books.

I can't even talk about Dumbledore's death in the presence of my dad. I mean, not that I talk much about HP anyway.

>.>

<.<
books and movies are different things. Even if ther're based on a book, a movie needs other qualities to make it good
To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true.

Yeah, but atleast they realised they had to cut the 7th book into two movies...

IMO, the only movies that really worked were the two first. I love the movies to death, and the books to undeath, don't get me wrong. It's just that the first two books weren't as long, they could atleast manage to fit all the important and relevant stuff into the books.
Sometimes movies arent better. Eragon for example: they left out ssooooo much in the movie that they couldnt make a sequal even if everyone had loved the first one and there was popular demand.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by MightyAl
If you tried making the HP movies accurate to the books(especially the later ones), you'd end up with a movie 6 hours long.
The market for HP is predominantly young people, who won't sit still for it. Thus, the movie is shorter becuse kids are rubbish.

and because of time and budget.
alot of times books can narrate thoughts and internal dialogue that dont get into the movie without some kind of soliloquy, and they need to add other things to get the same mood without the narration
Accepting no constraints from without, we countenanced none within ourselves, either, and found that the world opened before us like the petals of a rose. ~ CrimethInc.
Well, that's supply and demand for you in the entertainment business. Unfortunately, the supply is usually bad, but the demand doesn't care and eats it up, making the suppliers very rich people.

Business. Bam.
they can cut some stuff without changing important details though, like in Order bellatrix didnt hit sirius with a Avada Kedavra like she did in the movie in the book she hit him with a random curse that he wouldve been able to fight back from. this is important because it shows that sirius was still better than bellatrix she didnt beat him
It's almost impossible for a movie to be as good as the books, since the books allow the know the people way better and give better details. You also aren't chained to production costs.
However, I have to say that the LOTR stuff was amazing. Probably one of the best adaptions to the big screen.
The Harry Potter adaptions sucked.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by lordneezi
and because of time and budget.

For a major film studio, the budget is flexible(up to a point).
Quote by angusfan16
Sometimes movies arent better. Eragon for example: they left out ssooooo much in the movie that they couldnt make a sequal even if everyone had loved the first one and there was popular demand.

Eragon sucks
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Quote by andOverTheHills
books and movies are different things. Even if ther're based on a book, a movie needs other qualities to make it good

+1 They're two different mediums of artistic expression and shouldn't be compared.
I liked Douglas Adams' take on this.

Basically, before he died, they were already working on the H2G2 movie - and the director basically ignored him at first. He wrote him a letter, saying - IIRC - that he didn't want to play into the typical roles - he, the author who just wanted to see his vision realized, and the director a money-hungry fiend with no care for art. He said that both of them wanted "to make the best, most successful movie they could" - and if that meant deviating from the source text, so be it. There's a reason it says it's based on J.K. Rowling's novel.

So, no, I'm not bothered at all by movies not being exact reproductions of books.
Quote by RedDeath9
Books > Movies, in every way possible (except convenience)

+1000
PSN: snakeXdoctor

Quote by OneOfTheseDays
My friends cat smokes, wears a leather jacket and swears at me when i look at it.He is really fat so it makes it even more funny.
nothing beats a good video game adaptation for a complete entertainment experience

for example goldeneye n64
Does anyone else keep reading the title as 'movies vs. boobs'?
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by MetalMessiah665
Does anyone else keep reading the title as 'movies vs. boobs'?

Boobs win.
PSN: snakeXdoctor

Quote by OneOfTheseDays
My friends cat smokes, wears a leather jacket and swears at me when i look at it.He is really fat so it makes it even more funny.
Quote by MightyAl

if you made a six hour HP film it would be so much better! six hours staring at emma watson FTW!
That, my friend, was a fail of epic proportions!

The Pit's new name:
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Gentleman's Society for the Careful Discussion of Sensitive Issues, Covering (But Not Limited To) Religion, Politics, Fruit and The Female Form.

MY GOATS WERE CRYING
I don't think there's anything wrong with one artist (a film maker) interpreting another person's art (a book).

Its like one band doing a cover of anther bands song. If it was the same thing, why bother listening?
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .