I'm not well-informed on the different neck profiles on the Gibson Les Pauls, and i was just wondering what the differences are on the the guitars like the Classic, the Standard, and the Tradition. if you could include what the name of the neck/neck profile is that would be great.
the classics only come with a 60's slim taper neck, the standard comes both in a 50's style and 60's style neck, i dont know about the traditional though. I personally like the 60's slim taper, gives me more control

EDIT: Forgot to mention the 50's profile is sorta like what a rounded neck from a 59 les paul would have been like. Its alot meatier than the 60s
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Orange Tiny Terror with 1x12 cab
Big Muff
Vox Clyge McCoy Wah Pedel
Holy Grail Reverb
'60s - slim and fast
'50s - chunkier, rounder

That's really the only difference in Les Paul necks you need to know.
I can tell you that I dislike the 50s neck. I have both and would love to get rid of my 2008 Traditional because of the neck.
2008 Gibson LP
1968 Gibson LP
2005 Am Strat Del

88 Marsh JCM 800 1/2 stack
05 Marsh AVT50
08 H & K Triamp Mk. II
07 Orange PPC 212
08 Dr. Z 212
Quote by Led Zeppelin 67
the classics only come with a 60's slim taper neck, the standard comes both in a 50's style and 60's style neck, i dont know about the traditional though. I personally like the 60's slim taper, gives me more control

EDIT: Forgot to mention the 50's profile is sorta like what a rounded neck from a 59 les paul would have been like. Its alot meatier than the 60s

Not really. The 50s rounded of today is like the 60s slim taper of yesteryear. They made the profiles much thinner than the actual examples.

TS, The 2008 Standard and Traditional are offered with 2 different neck profiles. You can get either a 50s rounded or a 60s Slim Taper. The 50s neck being the biggest.

The Studios have 50s necks and the Classics have 60s necks.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Not really. The 50s rounded of today is like the 60s slim taper of yesteryear. They made the profiles much thinner than the actual examples.
Holy crap, someone that knows what they're talking about!

Indeed, the 50's neck now is closer to the real necks of the 60's, while the 60's slim-taper is even thinner.

Then there's two others:

The Custom Shop 1959 VOS Historic Reissue has a slightly thicker neck than the current 50's neck, which actually makes it not quite as thick as a real '59 neck, but a little thicker than the necks of the mid 50's (which is what the 50's neck claims to be based on).

There's also now an asymmetrical neck profile used on the new Standards made from the beginning of 2008 onwards. These are about as thick as a 50's neck at the top half, and a little slimmer than a 60's neck on the bottom half, as well as being slightly slimmer at the low frets and slightly thicker at the higher frets. If you're a neo-classical style shredder then this might be a bit better for you, but most of the early reviews so far are saying it's awful, and having used a asymmetrical neck before on another guitar, I can say for me personally it's not something I'd want.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.