hi! i'm new here...
i have a quick question about a certain type of microphone and was hoping somebody on here would know what it is and where i could get one.

it's flat, round-ish type microphone and it makes the vocals sound very retro. like they were recorded in the 30's or 40's onto old gramophone records. i saw Jay Jay Pistolet using one the other night. it's here in this video if that helps?


any information is appreciated.

Hard to really tell from the distance and the graininess, but that basic effect can be achieved pretty convincingly with some mild distortion and some EQ.

Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.