Hey guys, I need a backup. I am looking to spend $300-$450, and I mostly want a 7 string. I am playing through a Marshall Valvestate, and I really like metal. Suggestions? (I know I need to get out there and play some).
LTD JD 600
Fender Celtic Esquire
Ibanez RGA7
Schecter S-1 Elite
Line 6 FM4
KORG Pitchblack
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
Peavey 6505 Halfstack
Marshall 1960b Cab
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Check out the RG7321 and some low-end schecters.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
That's what i was thinking. I played it at Guitar Center, and it had pretty good cleans. However, any distortion I put on it was awful. Maybe bad amps at Guitar Center?
LTD JD 600
Fender Celtic Esquire
Ibanez RGA7
Schecter S-1 Elite
Line 6 FM4
KORG Pitchblack
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
Peavey 6505 Halfstack
Marshall 1960b Cab
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Quote by WSR66
That's what i was thinking. I played it at Guitar Center, and it had pretty good cleans. However, any distortion I put on it was awful. Maybe bad amps at Guitar Center?

Possibly, which amp did you try one through if you remember?

I would also ask why you want a 7 string for backup if you don't have a 7 at all yet?

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Possibly, which amp did you try one through if you remember?

I would also ask why you want a 7 string for backup if you don't have a 7 at all yet?

I played through some Peavey's with distortion, and some Fenders on clean. I just want another string so I don't mess up my LP by tuning so low.
LTD JD 600
Fender Celtic Esquire
Ibanez RGA7
Schecter S-1 Elite
Line 6 FM4
KORG Pitchblack
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
Peavey 6505 Halfstack
Marshall 1960b Cab
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Quote by WSR66
I played through some Peavey's with distortion, and some Fenders on clean.

Well that could mean absolutely anything, if you played through a 6505 and Blackface Twin I'd say it was the guitar but playing through a Bandit and FM*whatever* it would be the amp.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.