So I went to guitar center a few days ago, looking to buy a 7 string, I played a few Ibanez guitars, and a few Schecters, but the one I found most comfortable was a Dean Vendetta 7, it was a $200 guitar, while all the others were over $300, should I buy this guitar because it's comfortable, or buy a more expensive one, because of the quality?
what kind of pickups were in them? i think getting the right tone is as important as comfort. just because a guitar is more expensive doesnt neccessarilly make it "quality" however, i think you should go with one that is comfortable and gives you the sound quality that you want, regardless of the price.

maxxx- guitar center cedar rapids iowa
the one is more comfortable, therefore you can play better and clearer, also you can always change the pickups in the guitar for better tone options. But when you play a new guitar for a week it gets comfortable but you might need to put more effort in i.e left hanf postion, guitar angle, i would go for a shecter c7 hellraiser with Floyd Rose
Personally, I would spend a little more on an Ibanez RG7321 and get the quality. I'm not a big fan of dean unless they're higher end, but that's personal I suppose.

Ibanez pretty much pioneered the 7 string, so I'd go with them as a start. They've also got a good reputation for lower end guitars that are good quality. Schecter is good as well, though. I'd definately get either the Ibanez or Schecter, but you've gotta do what's right for you. Trust your gut and go for it.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
well discomfort in a suitar couls stem from what guitar you already play. for instance, when i bought my les paul, it felt weird becausee i was playing a esp ltd mh series. but 200 for a seven string sounds REALLY cheap. i's go a little higher in price at the very least. if you end up really liking 7 strings then you will probably end up wanting to replace it within like 6 months
200 bucks for a guitar is like paying 1 dollar for a hooker
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Dual Dean open-coil humbuckers, I'd most likely change the pickups, I don't really like Floyd Roses, and the RG7321 was the first guitar I tried, the frets felt far apart for some reason.
Quote by devit
200 bucks for a guitar is like paying 1 dollar for a hooker

I wouldn't know, I'm not planning on buying a hooker.
ever heard of similies?

anyways stay clear of deans. ESPECIALLY the ones costing under 1250 dollars
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
Quote by devit
ever heard of similies?

anyways stay clear of deans. ESPECIALLY the ones costing under 1250 dollars

Lol, I was just messing around, but whats wrong with deans? I hear alot of people don't like them. :p

Edit: I under stand the whole not buying a $200 guitar though.
$200 guitars are usually made of agathis(really bad wood,commonly known as plywood) they have cheap pickups and the the brisges and the tuners are really low quality.

But if u go with a shcecter....
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
dont judge it based on price, judge it based on how it feels/sounds to you.
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Maybe a Washburn WG-587. They're pretty good for the price ($180).

Agile has a smokin' 7 string for like $400. I would expect it to be better than an Ibanez RG7321.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
Maybe a Washburn WG-587. They're pretty good for the price ($180).

Agile has a smokin' 7 string for like $400. I would expect it to be better than an Ibanez RG7321.

After seeing a few Agile 7 strings, I'm thinking about buying one and just getting used to it, They all look so great. >_>
Last edited by goodeyesniper90 at Nov 7, 2008,
Price is not an indication of quality, especially when considering guitars less than $1000. Futhermore when you have guitars which are largely made by machine, with little/no quality control, the results are quite random. You can compare two guitars of this level, both same brand/model, and they'll sound completely different.

This is why it's not surprising that a $200 guitar can sound better than a $300 dollar guitar. It's just luck involved when buying cheap guitars. This is why you test EVERY guitar, including repeated stock of the same guitar when purchasing in the sub-$1000 market. No need to be brand loyal either - just choose the guitar which sounds/feels best.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud