I always think it's cool when someone can get the sound of an effect pedal withoug actually using that effect pedal. So, how can I screw around with my amp to get the sound of a Fuzz Box without going out and buying one?
Quote by alex0203
I always think it's cool when someone can get the sound of an effect pedal withoug actually using that effect pedal.

Example?

Why not just buy a fuzz pedal? It's kind of hard to make an amp clip like a couple transistors in a box.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I don't think anything can do the sound of a good fuzz pedal... other than a good fuzz pedal.
ok, first you need a tube amp with its master volume at 10. then you need to slice the speaker cones with a knife.....since that what a fuzz pedal is essentially trying to emulate...

or you can just buy a fuzz.

dont really slice your speakers, thats just not smart.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Breakdown and buy a fuzzbox.
Quote by ElMaco
My last pay check was £0 working 0 hours. I can't believe how easy it was
Quote by LaidBack
ok, first you need a tube amp with its master volume at 10. then you need to slice the speaker cones with a knife.....since that what a fuzz pedal is essentially trying to emulate...

or you can just buy a fuzz.

dont really slice your speakers, thats just not smart.

really?
i would have never guessed
Guitars:
'13 MIM Fender Strat - '05 Epi G-400
Amps:
Fender HRD - VHT Special 6 Ultra -
Jet City JCA20H - Mesa Rectifier 2x12
Pedulz:
Slash Wah - OCD v1.7 - Red Llama MKII -
Big Muff Pi - Carbon Copy - Phase 90 - Ditto Looper
I always think it's cool when someone can get the sound of an effect pedal withoug actually using that effect pedal. So, how can I screw around with my amp to get the sound of a Fuzz Box without going out and buying one?

steal one
fight the power... with peace

Originally Posted by Cockpuncher 2.0
Fail town, population you

When God said "Let there be light", Joey Jordison said "Say please".

Man is a universe within himself
Bob Marley
Pox!
Quote by B. Heath
really?
i would have never guessed

You ever hear the original you really got me by the kinks? That's what dave davies was rockin. I believe the beatles also did this to some of their amps as well.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Sometimes Davies said he took a knife, a razor, a screw driver- etc.

Anyway you look at it, it was just a ****ed up speaker cone.

Also: Get a Matamp. They're like, fuzz. In a box. That amplifies the signal. So like an amp with a built in fuzz box.

Or, tun everything on your amp to ten.
Oh wait, I got a better one....BUY AN MG!!!! olololololololol

just kidding....dont. you will regret it.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
dano makes a fab fuzz for about 20 bux. you can get used muffs for 50 bux. get A DAMN PEDAL.
Quote by Kevin Saale
You ever hear the original you really got me by the kinks? That's what dave davies was rockin. I believe the beatles also did this to some of their amps as well.

I've heard that they plugged the guitar directly into the board and overloaded the solid state preamp to hell (on Revolution at least)