What' s the difference?
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard | Gibson SG | Casio PG 380 | Dave Mustaine VMNT | Digitech Whammy | Carvin Legacy head |
Carvin V3 combo | MXR Custom Badass Overdrive | Dunlop Jerry Cantrell Wah | Rocktron Banshee | Ibanez PG Flanger
I'd check the the 5150/6505 thread, but I don't think it was that much of a difference.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
the 5150 III is supposed to be a complete overhaul...

idk about I and II though
Gear:
2000 Paul Reed Smith CE-24
ESP EC-1000 w/ Seymour Duncans
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB Plexi 1x12
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
The II has alot less gain on the rhythm channel, and a little less gain on the lead channel.
The crunch channel also only uses 3 preamp tubes I believe (as opposed to 6 on the 5150).
The II also has an additional preamp tube.

EDIT: Google FJA mods and find the 5150/5150 II section, that should cover everything.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Last edited by aznrockerdude at Nov 6, 2008,
^^That's the fender amp evh had made, the other ones were both by peavey and both extremely similar. The II was some sort of special edition of the standard 5150 or something like this.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
From what I know the II has less gain and a better clean channel.

I'm no 5150 expert though.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Quote by maiden_mexico
the 5150 III is supposed to be a complete overhaul...

idk about I and II though

5150 III isn't even a Peavey.

5150 II has more headroom on the clean channel. The II has got one more preamp tube, and it's a bit brighter, too, I thought - but it's been a while since I've played either of them. I also remember it being not quite as raw as the 5150 I.
Quote by Flying Couch
5150 III isn't even a Peavey.

5150 II has more headroom on the clean channel. The II has got one more preamp tube, and it's a bit brighter, too, I thought - but it's been a while since I've played either of them. I also remember it being not quite as raw as the 5150 I.

This too.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?