Page 1 of 4
ALCOHOL IS WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE WORLD. There I said it, I truly believe that because of all the past experiences I've had in the past, like my dad he was an alcoholic, every time he got a huge amount of money he would just waste it on alcohol and start yelling at my mom and swearing at her while she was at work.

Then one day I got tired of it and I stole his wallet then he started to choke me then the police came over to our house and asked a bunch of questions, and one was if he physically attacked me and I said no because I didn't want him to go to jail. My parents are still together because if they split we would get extremely poor, and plus they don't fight anymore.

Another one is that this really nice girl at my middle school last year (now I'm in high school) and she started to hang out with a person who drank A LOT and she started to drink and smoke and stuff like that. One day they absolutely got wasted and she passed out and they were on webcam and the other girl started to undress her in front of the cam. After that the girl that got undressed decided to never hang with her again.

If it wasn't for alcohol we would still have John Bonham, Bon Scott and many other great musicians. I don't drink alcohol, if I did I would probably be an alcoholic.

I would make a few jokes but I'm feeling really crappy emotionally, please don't flame me too much.
I don't think it's what's wrong with the world as a whole, but it's definitely no help. Alchoholism sucks.
The Pit. The Movie.
Alchohol, drugs, religion. These are all problems. I don't partake in any of them. But I know I can't stop others, so whatever.
The world would still be shitty without alcohol, but yeah, significantly less for many people.
TL;DR
Alcohol is not what's wrong its the morons who show no self-responsibility and drink too much, possibly becoming addicted.
i disagree.

alcohol is perfectly fine in moderation.

just because some people are incapable of being responsible with their alcohol consumption doesn't mean it is causing all the problems in the world.
yeah prohibition worked out real well
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
They abuse it. In moderation it is good.
Quote by VanCamp
Pee on things.

Quote by tukk04
back in black-AC/DC
because maybe it'd revive me instantly
i just hope i don't come back black

My Gear
Epiphone SG
Roland 15 Watt Cube Amp
Samick J-2 Acoustic
Every one has their own opinion man. And too a certain extent, alcohol is definitely something bad. But like a lot of things, at least for me, if you do it with moderation, only good times come. I personally love kicking back with buddies drinking beer, or partying. I drink to have fun with friends, and just kick back. It's when people use it for other reasons and become dependent on it, that it becomes a problem. And I hope you and your parents are doing fine.
One Love

“One good thing about music, when it hits- you feel no pain” -Bob Marley
Quote by daytripper75
i disagree.

alcohol is perfectly fine in moderation.

just because some people are incapable of being responsible with their alcohol consumption doesn't mean it is causing all the problems in the world.

I'll drink to that.
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
Quote by SpelChek
TL;DR
Alcohol is not what's wrong its the morons who show no self-responsibility and drink too much, possibly becoming addicted.
I agree.
Acohol is whats wrong with the world? Bullshite, there are many many other things wrong, however one that seems to affect you personally is alcohol, it's never effected me that way.
Keep your damn opinions to yourself.

/angry
Quote by Perfection 101
If we all had this guy's clarity of thought, world peace would ensue

Quote by Zugunruhe
incidentally, there are absolutely no results for "bizzare anal kazoo" on google.

Quote by 1The_Trooper1
Alchohol, drugs, religion. These are all problems. I don't partake in any of them. But I know I can't stop others, so whatever.

So very true.
bands/artists I've seen: Protest the Hero, LIGHTS, Andrew Bird, Flight of the Conchords, Incubus, Nine Inch Nails, Between the Buried and Me, Guthrie Govan, Cynic, The Devin Townsend Project, Scale the Summit, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Darkest Hour
I think cancer is a problem in the world, you can catch the shit from just about anything
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
brilliant title......
but you just ensured that everyone who sees it has to look at it ...probably not what you're going for lol
I'm sorry for your bad experiences but i don't believe alcohol is the sole reason for the world to be as shitty as it is, but in certain cases it doesn't help
Quote by Victor Wooten
Frontbassman, You Win!
Also, Sig this or die!

^Yea you read right, Victor Wooten just gave me a complement.

Quote by kevin14u2nv

dude, in flames sucks.
all their music sounds the same

^ he listens to dragonforce
Quote by 1The_Trooper1

Hes right.
i just finished a term paper on alcohol use in Russia.. it screwed them up big time...
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Quote by Hanzi_G
I'll drink to that.

whoo!!! lets get druuuuuuuuuunk!!!!

side note: my archaeology professor was telling us how Henry Morgan would buy several gallons of wine when he returned to Port Royal after raids and such. he would proceed to take the wine into the street and make people stop and drink with him. if they refused, he would shoot at them.

how awesome is that?

Captain Morgan FTW!!
If you eliminated alcohol from the past, nothing would be the same. Alcohol isn't the problem, it's people.
The root of all evil is man. Not money, not alcohol, not religion. All of these stem from man, as does the concept of good and evil in and of itself.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
i dont have a problem with people drinking, but ive stopped because i cant help but get trashed everytime i drink
It is a problem, just like all the other world problems, but what are you going to do about it. This is why I can't stand straight edge kids (which I am not calling you, i am just using them as an example) who always talk about bringing prohibition back. There is no way. If you are going to bring prohibition back you might as well welcome back the Sicilian Mafia and congratulate MS13 on their new found revenue. Prohibition would be disastrous, just as it is with illegal drugs. All making something illegal does is drive it to the black market, it doesn't prevent shit. Alcohol is a problem at times, but there is really nothing you, me, or anybody else can do about it.
Quote by SOADrox429
If you eliminated alcohol from the past, nothing would be the same. Alcohol isn't the problem, it's people.
The root of all evil is man. Not money, not alcohol, not religion. All of these stem from man, as does the concept of good and evil in and of itself.

Really? You mean that if alcohol existed by itself, without people, no one would get drunk?
What insight!!!
Quote by Mudmen190
Really? You mean that if alcohol existed by itself, without people, no one would get drunk?
What insight!!!

then blame jesus for turning the water to wine.
people are whats wrong with the world

people are idiots and everyones just in it for themselves in the long run. the government makes laws against murder but there are always wars, if people could learn to just leave everyone else alone to do their thing the world would be a much better place.
it comes down to this: ignorance and bad judgment are what's wrong the world...this applies to pretty much everything, including alcohol
Alcohol is causing global warming? Alcohol is causing the global recession? Alcohol is the reason the middle east is a mess? Alcohol causes AIDs?

No, alcohol is far from the cause of the wrongs in the world.
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles
I think you've won this thread.

Quote by freedoms_stain
darthteet just scored big on the win scale.
When someone gets in a car accident, do you blame the car, or the driver?

When someone shoots someone, do you blame the gun, or the person using the gun?

It's not alcohol, friend, it's the person using it.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by Stereoaxis
it comes down to this: ignorance and bad judgment are what's wrong the world...this applies to pretty much everything, including alcohol
Well put my friend. What does everyone mean by people are the problem?
Quote by Z0S07657
ALCOHOL IS WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE WORLD. There I said it, I truly believe that because of all the past experiences I've had in the past, like my dad he was an alcoholic, every time he got a huge amount of money he would just waste it on alcohol and start yelling at my mom and swearing at her while she was at work.

Then one day I got tired of it and I stole his wallet then he started to choke me then the police came over to our house and asked a bunch of questions, and one was if he physically attacked me and I said no because I didn't want him to go to jail. My parents are still together because if they split we would get extremely poor, and plus they don't fight anymore.

Another one is that this really nice girl at my middle school last year (now I'm in high school) and she started to hang out with a person who drank A LOT and she started to drink and smoke and stuff like that. One day they absolutely got wasted and she passed out and they were on webcam and the other girl started to undress her in front of the cam. After that the girl that got undressed decided to never hang with her again.

If it wasn't for alcohol we would still have John Bonham, Bon Scott and many other great musicians. I don't drink alcohol, if I did I would probably be an alcoholic.

I would make a few jokes but I'm feeling really crappy emotionally, please don't flame me too much.

Because alcohol is responsible for terrorists, murderers, slavery, disease, religion, George Bush, 9/11, Hurricane Katrina, World War II, gay marriage, Iraq, Pearl Harbor, the South, racism, Paris Hilton, prom night dumpster babies, France, sugar-free ice cream, the GOP, Carlos Mencia...

Sorry, but a couple of rockers dying and a girl being naked on the internet aren't really "worldly problems." But, you know, way to completely blow insignificant shit out of proportion.
You're*
You're definitely wrong. Just because you happened to have had experience with some that don't handle alcohol well, doesn't mean you can say that it's universally bad. A lot of people handle alcohol well and it in fact helps them become more social or dynamic. A few people who never would have become what they were without alcohol include John Bonham, Bon Scott, Jim Morrison. But, if you only focus on the negative, of course you're only going to see the negative.

I on the other hand believe that alcohol is a positive factor when used responsibly. It helps break down mental blocks for some people, allowing them better social interactions, relief of pain, etc. It's not the alcohol that's the problem, it's the user, much like with all "evils" of the world. It's like money, in the right hands it could do the world plenty of good, in the wrong hands, it can be used for negative things.

Edit:
Quote by Wulphy
When someone shoots someone, do you blame the gun, or the person using the gun?

Everyone seems to blame the gun.
I agree with you though.
Last edited by merfsullivan at Nov 6, 2008,
Quote by SpelChek
Well put my friend. What does everyone mean by people are the problem?

Human nature.

Greed, curiosity, and emotion. These are the things that bring the bad, and the good, to the world. To eliminate the bad would eliminate the the good with it.

You cannot stop evil, just slow it down.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
alcohol isnt the problem in the world i truly think rap is what destroyed this world
Quote by SkyValley
Girls have boobs. I like boobs.

Epiphone Les Paul Silverburst Custom Edition
Quote by jakethemetsfan
alcohol isnt the problem in the world i truly think rap is what destroyed this world

*smashes face with hammer*
Page 1 of 4