Are there any good amps/amp heads that sound similar to the Dual Rectifier? I'd like to get the original, but if there's any similar products I'd love to hear about them.
What's your price range? Many feel that the mesa f and dc series can do a pretty good recto tone.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
One of Bugera's models is supposed to be a Dual Recto copy.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
My price range is not really a concern. I just want to know if there are other options than the Mesa. Also, I've heard the clean tone is not that great. Does anyone know if this is true?
Quote by winterXsolstice
b-52 at-100

Really? I was looking at a B-52 AT-212 a long time ago. Maybe I should check it out again.
Quote by Telestar
My price range is not really a concern. I just want to know if there are other options than the Mesa. Also, I've heard the clean tone is not that great. Does anyone know if this is true?

What amp's clean tone? The F series amps have great cleans

Quote by slayerfrk
the line 6 spider III has distortion based on it...

No, please go away.
I think the B52 AT-100 is the only cheap recto-ish amp out there. There's rumors flying about that Bugera's making one, which I will probably buy because my 333XL's been nothing but awesome and I love the Recto sound.
Quote by Kevin Saale
What amp's clean tone? The F series amps have great cleans

No, please go away.

I heard the Dual Rectifier's clean wasn't that great.
I lol'd at slayerfrk's suggestion.
^I don't know about that, never demoed the cleans.
The DC's basically a Recto with more of a Mark series clean and articulation on the lead channel.
It really depends on when the amp was built as to how good the dual recto cleans are. The newer models don't quite have the dark and shimmery clean that the 2 channel rectos had.

Allen Holdsworth, famously known as one of if not hte greatest jazz musician to live, used, maybe still uses dual rectifiers. After all, mesa boogies are based upon fender amplifiers with a pair of nads, a gallon of adrenaline, and a few more gain stages.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Allan's stopped using the Rectos (which amazed me that he did at all!) in exchange for two Hughes and Kettner Switchblades, with some MIDI controlled effects; one amps got all sorts of clean settings, the other has all sorts of dirty settings.
Thats disappointing. A switchblade??? Not a Tri-amp or Duotone?

Have you seen the video of Shawn Lane and Allen Holdsworth talking about amps. It's like Jesus talkin to God...
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
If price is not a concern to you I would go for the original. They are GREAT amps and the cleans are fine. You will be very happy with it for sure!
Quote by Tempoe
If price is not a concern to you I would go for the original. They are GREAT amps and the cleans are fine. You will be very happy with it for sure!

+1
Quote by slayerfrk
telestar ur kind of a douche bag u asked what amp has a model based after it and i told u, u dont have to be a dck about it

epic phail.

he asked if he anything SOUNDED like it
and the last time i checked the spider sounded more like a burning bag of poo..
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE