im looking for some awesome blues guitarists to listen to and to play, srv is my favorite and something like his sound would be cool.
clapton? the bluesbreakers album is great
Quote by Hypnotisation
I cannot leave this thread alone. I cannot get over the sponsored fap. Out of curiosity, can i ask how your mum decided to pay for your fapping material? Why can't you just get it free? WHY?

Quote by Jericho114
Can you suck your own dick also?
well an obvious one would be jimi hendrixs stuff. if you listen to his slower bluesy stuff like little wing, castles made of sand, and angel. a lot of stevie ray vaughn stuff has A LOT of Hendrix influence
Well, SRV of course. Clapton plays some blues. Led Zeppelin has like one blues song, Babe I'm Leaving You, I believe.
Zeppelin I has a few blues types especially you shook me, The John Mayer Trio is kind of a blues-jazz fusion type thing, definitely some Clapton, Red House from Hendrix, Jeff Healey.
If you want a SRV sounding player than Albert King is your guy. Hendrix too. Other awesome blues guitarist are Duane Allman, BB King, Clapton, David Gilmour (kinda bluesy in a different way), Peter Green and plenty of others. If you wanna go way back then Robert Johnson was one of the best blues ever. Its just him and his guitar but sometimes it sounds like 2 different guitars are playing at the same time, its amazing. Theres a whoolllleeee lot more man
Jimmy Vaughan, his brother
Grady - way dirtier than SRV but man oh man do they rock. Gordie Johnson is a hero.
John Mayer Trio - this album and Mayer in general takes a lot from SRV
Warren Haynes - his work with Gov't Mule is unbelievable. Never ever pass up a chance to see them live.
Buddy Guy
the Three Kings
bluesbreakers, derek and the dominoes, cream, clapton in general, hendrix of course, listen to the woodstock version of red house and the 15 minute version of voodoo chile, son house, robert johnson, muddy waters, bb king, howlin wolf, blind willie johnson (especially 'dark was the night'), jeff beck's early stuff, john lee hooker, paul butterfield blues band, albert king, buddy guy,
if you like page and clapton check out one of their few songs together. Very bluesy i think one is draggin my tail.
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II(
"Epicaster" pimped out strat
Fender Blues Jr.
DeltaLab RD1 Rock distortion
Barber handmade USA Direct Drive Overdrive
DeltaLab Stereo chorus
MXR 6 band EQ
Allman bros
govt mule (nice to see another fan here)
muddy waters
bb king
clapton
howlin wolf
jimmy vaughn
jj cale
joe bonamassa
john lee hooker
john mayall (bluesbreakers)
sonny boy williamson
yardbirds

sorry for repeats, just looked at itunes and read them off
In addition to SRV, some great bluesmen would be;

BB King
Clapton
Hendrix
Mayer
Vaughan(Jimmie)
Muddy Waters

If you meant bands, PM me and I can give a large list.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Robert Johnson...first and formost. Then the three kings, BB Albert and Freddie. Son House and Skip James
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Orange Tiny Terror with 1x12 cab
Big Muff
Vox Clyge McCoy Wah Pedel
Holy Grail Reverb
Somebody that's more thought of as a Jazz/Fusion guy, Scott Henderson, actually has done a few blues albums. Dog Party is probably his best one. Henderson is like SRV on steroids.
Quote by Jimmmoripage
yeah, Since I've been loving you is the real bluesy one. Babe im gonna leave you is an acoustic song.

fix'd

Also I love Jonny Lang's lie to me album for blues and jazzy blues. Its great. Some Allman brothers is also good stuff, One of my favourite songs is a version of rolling stone done by hendrix and (I think) BB King.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Last edited by Deep*Kick at Nov 7, 2008,
yep you really need to check out Joe Bonamassa, 2007 blues guitarist of the year. hes got such a wide variety of blues styles you'll here SRV, Clapton, BB, Eric Johnson etc all on one album!

heres on of my fav's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2jo0q2LKa4
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
How about Gary Moore
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Hendrix
joe bonamassa
John Mayer
Buddy Guy
BB King
Peter Green
eric clapton
robert J
hooker
T bone
Mike bloomfield
the list goes on...

guys in bold will remind you of srv
Gary Moore......one of the original pioneers of the blues and arguably the best

Theres a reason he had the first signature guitar under gibson
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
Alvin Lee? Maybe a bit quick and a bit jazzy but good solid stuff.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x