I basically have a few options, Bad monkey Screamin blues overdrive, cheap tubescreamer, Danelectro D2 fab overdrive, or the Boss Overdrive. Obviously i need a cheap overdrive if not these then what?
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II(
"Epicaster" pimped out strat
Fender Blues Jr.
DeltaLab RD1 Rock distortion
Barber handmade USA Direct Drive Overdrive
DeltaLab Stereo chorus
MXR 6 band EQ
60 or 70 max
ps i play a single coil
Fender Blues Jr.
DeltaLab Stereo chorus
MXR 6 band EQ
shucks. i was gonna say the BYOC overdrive if you are good with a soldering iron, but that is $90.

out of those four, i would say either the boss or the digitech. i would try to find a nicer tube screamer used if you could though.
Last edited by Skierinanutshel at Nov 6, 2008,
any other suggestions, do you like any of the one i mentioned
Fender Blues Jr.
DeltaLab Stereo chorus
MXR 6 band EQ
Quote by Kevin Saale
Not an overdrive.

And skierinanutshel has a good point, but obviously byoc is too much, so I present this:
http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=22&category_id=7&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=45

actually, the distortion+ has almost an identical layout/tone as the DOD 250 overdrive.

It can definitely be used as an overdrive at lower settings, no doubt. On full blast that pedal puts out classic rock tones, nothing more.

TS: the badmonkey is amazing for the price. It gives you high/low controls which lots of more expensive OD's don't have, and works GREAT as a boost.
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by AndrewSchaeffer
and the distortion + is around 60-70 so he can save money

BM>distortion plus for boosting an amp, I'd say the distortion plus would be better if you didn't like your tone already, if you do, get the BM

Distortion plus mod'd to dod250 specs wins though, if the ts can do that.

or get the BYOC dod250/distortion+ clone
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by AndrewSchaeffer
how do you mod? haha sorry im a bit new to technical stuff

well a guitar pedal is made of components like transistors and such, and you replace certain transistors and components to tailor the sound to your liking.
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by danyellenik
TS: the badmonkey is amazing for the price. It gives you high/low controls which lots of more expensive OD's don't have, and works GREAT as a boost.

Based on your knowledge and budget of OD pedals I would do this ^
Personally, I think the Bad Monkey is the best OD for its price range. I REALLY like mine. It sounds significantly different [better] through a tube amp, but is decent through an SS, too.
Good Deals: imgooley, pak1351
If you want to, just build a DOD250. Go to tonepad, get the schematic, learn the basics of how to follow it and build one. It'll cost $30 in materials, but the learning experience is great. I just built an MXR dist+ among other things and had it boarded, soldered and boxed in 2 hours. Sounds amazing with 1n34a diodes and a 351 op-amp.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Based on your knowledge and budget of OD pedals I would do this ^

i agree.............the bad monkey is great for boosting.
has anybody noticed that he's using a squier and the amp that came with it?
i'm sorry, but an OD is not going to help much at all. i would save your money and get a better amp.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
thnx ugmung i was planning on buying an agile and new amp anyway which is why i wanted to save some money.
Fender Blues Jr.
DeltaLab Stereo chorus
MXR 6 band EQ
TS-808 tube screamer... im not a fan of the ad monkey but thats just me ive always been more of an SRV fan and he was a tube screamer kinda guy
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is bunny. Copy him into your signature to help him acheive world dominance.
What amp do you plan on using with the pedal? Do you want to use it as a boost or on the clean channel?
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Well i was thinking about this marshall my friend is selling. Its a solid state and probably on 30 watts but still its a marshall.
Btw i found this 100 dollars 10 watt tube amp so I was wonderin anyone has a suggestion.
Fender Blues Jr.
DeltaLab Stereo chorus
MXR 6 band EQ
30 watts u say? lol it has to be a marshall MG30dfx which sucks, ur friend is selling it cuz that amp sucks. just becuz its a marshall doesnt mean its good. get the 10 watt tube amp instead. btw, wats ur current amp and guitar and wats ur budget for a new amp and guitar?
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Quote by brownsfan456
Well i was thinking about this marshall my friend is selling. Its a solid state and probably on 30 watts but still its a marshall.
Btw i found this 100 dollars 10 watt tube amp so I was wonderin anyone has a suggestion.

Never an excuse.
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Holycow i have a cheapo squier but am getting an agile AL3100 soon (hopefullly). That kinda brought up this whole discussion. I currently have a 100 dollar amp (fender) which im not shure can really keep up with the Agile.
Fender Blues Jr.
DeltaLab Stereo chorus
MXR 6 band EQ