I have a warmoth body and neck. I sanded the side of the neck pocket to get the neck to fit in. Now I've noticed that there is a little space between the bottom of the fingerboard and the top of the body. Of course I will wait til the final construction, after paint and pickguard and all, but should I sand the bottom of the neck pocket so that the fingerboard lightly touches the top of the body??? By then the area of contact will be finished would pressure from tightening down the neck crack the finish? Should this area be left unfinished along with the rest of the pocket?

I know I asked about 67 questions...

any comments are appreciated.
id leave the space, and while you are painting and finishing, just mask the pocket so you can see where the neck will be flush to the wood, and see where the finger board is in relation to the body. and when you say a space, do you mean that you have a neck with a fingerboard that is longer to rest on the body? because if you do, id do nothing to the pocket, because if you sanded it, and made it even slightly too deep, and tightened down the neck, youd crack the fingerboard or at least separate it from the back of the neck
Quote by Øttər
I'll accept Jesus into my heart if the neighboorhood accepts my penis into it's street.
Quote by reed12321
...and when you say a space, do you mean that you have a neck with a fingerboard that is longer to rest on the body? because if you do, id do nothing to the pocket, because if you sanded it, and made it even slightly too deep, and tightened down the neck, youd crack the fingerboard or at least separate it from the back of the neck

yes, thats exactly it the fingerboard hangs over a little (about 3/16") from the heel of the neck. good point I wouldn't want to risk messing up the neck, thats for sure.

and ya, I was worried about the action and the setup but I guess I'll just wait til i can put it all together and go from there?