ill be playing at about 6-7 on the volume knob and about 2-3 mins into a song the tube all the way to the left dies and the remaining 3 get really bright. wtf is going on? can it be fixed by replacing the tube that dies i would assume? thanks guys
(signature removed, please choose another)
Quote by player o slayer
ill be playing at about 6-7 on the volume knob and about 2-3 mins into a song the tube all the way to the left dies and the remaining 3 get really bright. wtf is going on? can it be fixed by replacing the tube that dies i would assume? thanks guys

Sounds like you need to change your tubes, yep.

It'd be better for you in general to change them all.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by player o slayer

Turn on the amp, at a decent volume, then tap on each tube not too hard with a pencil or similar object. If it rings out then you need to replace that tube.
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
for the record I had a bad 12AX7 preamp tube because I didn't seat it all the way down in V3 when I was swapping then around for fun. It got super bright and my amp sounded like crap after that. I went and got a new one for $12 bucks and everything is back to normal.
The only thing I'd like to know, is in what possible situation you could turn the Valveking's volume up to 6-7 without destroying the world.
gear:
-Ibanez ART 120 (w/EMG 81/85)
-Ibanez RG 1570
-Peavey 6505
-Tube-Town TTC 212V
-ISP Decimator G-String
-Maxon OD-9
-T-rex Fuel tank Junior

Coming soon:
-BBE Sonic Maximizer
-EQ