I'm trying to find the name of a song.
It's a country song, sung by a solo male artist, maybe Brad Paisley, about that age.
The lyrics are, from what I remember, "and I'm gonna buy her a dozen roses..."

That's said at the beginning of the chorus.

It's possible that is was "send" not "buy". But that was definitely in the chorus.

I'm sure there can't be too many country songs with that in the chorus.

Thanks.
What do we tell our children? Look before you leap. Stop and think. Don't judge a book by its cover. We believe that we are always better off gathering as much information as possible and spending as much time as possible in deliberation.
Don Williams: Send her roses.

They got a road out in Alaska now,
I hear that you can go there.
Tell me about Montana,
with the cool blue mountain air.
I know your honeys got the money,
I can understand your wanderlust.
Brother, and boy, for me these days,
its refrigerator or bust.
I ain't got no words for going,
I got no longing for your open road.
Don't get found rollin' into town tugging on a heavy load.
You've gotta give me the nights with the city lights, and the people buzzin' everywhere.
One hand upon the parking meter, the other on her easy chair.
I'll send her roses, send her roses everyday.
If I don't go down another dirt road, I don't think it's gonna hurt my day.
I'll send her roses, send her roses once in awhile.
I'm a long, long way from outta here, but you know I'm gonna go in style.
Well, I was rollin' around Boston town, wasn't hardly anybody I know.
Got to singin' low for the first three rows, puttin' on a lousy show.
Well then I met her, I had to let her buy my lunch, I got the flowery plate.
I'm telling you why, good brother don't laugh, think I got me one suitable mate.
I'll send her roses, send her roses every day.
If I don't go down another dirt road, I don't think it's gonna hurt my day.
I'll send her roses, send her roses by the dozen.
I've been having me a whirl with a pretty girl,
and she told me she liked my lovin'.
(repeat last bridge)
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
That's what comes up on Google for me, but that's not it.
What do we tell our children? Look before you leap. Stop and think. Don't judge a book by its cover. We believe that we are always better off gathering as much information as possible and spending as much time as possible in deliberation.
Quote by Pharoah
That's what comes up on Google for me, but that's not it.

Can you describe the beat?

EDIT: Is it Vassar Phil?

The song Last Day of my Life?
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
What sort of country? Somthing raw and acoustic guitar-base, recalling Johnny Cash or Waylon Jennings, or something more like Toby Keith?
I tried transposing that part of the song to piano, and got:

Eb(1) Bb Eb(2) Eb(2) D C D C D Eb(2) Eb(2)

1 and 2 being the octave. I'd say 8th notes, except for the second to last note, which I'd give a half beat.
Been playing piano 8 years, but I can't for the life of me describe a beat.
Quote by Flying Couch
What sort of country? Somthing raw and acoustic guitar-base, recalling Johnny Cash or Waylon Jennings, or something more like Toby Keith?

Something more like Toby Keith.
It's pretty mixed minor or major, but it's leaning toward minor during the chorus.
Quote by Pharoah
I tried transposing that part of the song to piano, and got:

Eb(1) Bb Eb(2) Eb(2) D C D C D Eb(2) Eb(2)

1 and 2 being the octave. I'd say 8th notes, except for the second to last note, which I'd give a half beat.
Been playing piano 8 years, but I can't for the life of me describe a beat.

Been playing piano for 19 years. I've heard that song a few days ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibnz0doAKEc

Phil Vassar- Last Day of my Life
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
Can you describe the beat?

EDIT: Is it Vassar Phil?

The song Last Day of my Life?

Just checked on Youtube, and that was it, thanks very much!