Page 1 of 4
ya......that's right

first tho - tnx to those that helped.
yes Best Buy sells gear at about the same price as GC.
i got my new pedals at a 'Music Store' equipped BB. Check on-line.

so multiple posts here, not for dial up. I'm lovin' it by the way.
Attachments:
IMG_9162.JPG
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Nov 7, 2008,
MXR M-132 SuperComp (compressor/sustainer) $71
MXR EVH Phase 90 (phase w/script option) $129
MXR M-169 Carbon Copy (analog delay) $149
MXR M-135 SmartGate (noise surpressor) $111
Danelectro Fish n Chips 7 band EQ $35

misc cables and power $50

*I got $50 bucks off of this total*
Attachments:
IMG_9171.JPG
Why didn't you just get the mxr m-108 10 band. Would have fitted you collection nicely
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Quote by guitar/bass76
Look out - people'll think you're some kind of MXR fanboy

...why, what's wrong with that?

*backs away slowly*
You're*
aww you didn't pick up the MXR GT-OD? why man? i reckon its one of the better OD's out there today. it tightens up my fireball so nicely
azn_guitarist25 ^'cause I have a Bad Monkey already which I luv

for those that didn't know - i had another thread asking what to do with my $500 Best Buy gift card. I guess i could have got Guitar Hero and some stickers and such.
Attachments:
IMG_9211.JPG
Win sauce, how's the super comp? I tried a dyna comp at my house for bit, but I didn't like it, way too noisy.

Strats FTW
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Damn 311 NICE!!!!! how do you like the fish and chips and Carbon Copy?

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
If you notice my new pedal board is a SKATE BOARD LOL with the wheels taken off....

OK....here is a clip. 1VK 5.0 pedal demo yo

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/311ZOSOVHJH/music/all/play455120

*i'm not a pedal expert so not sure how to do reviews - bear with me and get headphones and turn it up*
Attachments:
IMG_9212.JPG
Review on Fish and Chips?
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
Very nice! locked up after the carbon copy. but they sound great.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
i'm jealous, some sweet pedals there. which one do you like the best ?
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
So BBY's selection of guitar stuff is pretty good then?

I work at a non-music-store Best Buy and I'm wondering if its worth the drive to one that does to utilize my employee discount.
/fap....wish I had a $500 gift card to splurge on...

listening to the clipzorz now. good stuff man. that compressor really helps the clean channel I think.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by azn_guitarist25
looks like someone ran short 1 patch cable :P between the smart gate and bad monkey

so...

here is the chain-

The noise gate actually finishes off the effect loop. Bad Monkey OD is first.

guitar > Bad Monkey OD > SuperComp(ressor) > Valveking > loop send to EVH Phase 90 > Carbon Copy delay > EQ > SmartGate > loop return

I need to spend about a week moving things around and funkin with the controls.

Also, I was somewhat limited to what is available at BB so if the 10 band was there I prolly would have gotten it.
I'm impressed with the smart gate - I think that was probably a great choice with the noise you get from the rest of the pedals. I'm also digging the tapping with CC and Phase 90 around 8:00.

And nice pedalboard btw
wow MXR has been selling those peadals since the seventies, they will last forever. I used to have the dynacomp, phase90, phase 100, anolog delay. that was years ago, and I paid about the same back then. Wonder how much money they have made from those simple circuits over the years....alot i am sure.
Can't really blame him for going all MXR for the purchases. Best Buy doesn't even carry Electro-Harmonix let alone any of the lesser name manufacturers or the boutique brands. What was he supposed to buy instead of MXR? Boss? Line 6? Major label music CDs?
It was a joke.

I'm listening to your demo a second time - I really like the sound of the CC, I need to try it out again I guess.
Thanks guys...I've noticed when too many people hit a clip at once things lock up but hopefully you get the point.

It will take some time for me to dive into each one and figure out more. For example it was a real balance between the EQ level and the SuperComp. If anyone has any specific questions then keep bumping this muther focker or PM me.

Quite frankly I was surprised I got up and running with the demo as quickly as I did considering I didn't have enough power for all of this 5 hours ago. I bought the only 2 AC adapters Best Buy had. I would say if you could get a job at a Music Store at BB based on your knowledge it would be a great place to work. The guy I talked to seemed very happy.
I wish my 2 best buys had music sections

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by FlyingBeerman
Can't really blame him for going all MXR for the purchases. Best Buy doesn't even carry Electro-Harmonix let alone any of the lesser name manufacturers or the boutique brands. What was he supposed to buy instead of MXR? Boss? Line 6? Major label music CDs?

Seriously - if you guys look on-line under Audio/Music Instruments you will see the choices that are there. I'm not necessarily a MRX freak or Dunlop dude but I figured if I'm going to use this card I might as well get the best.

Conversely, I could have gotten more pedals if I had gone all Boss.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Seriously - if you guys look on-line under Audio/Music Instruments you will see the choices that are there. I'm not necessarily a MRX freak or Dunlop dude but I figured if I'm going to use this card I might as well get the best.

Conversely, I could have gotten more pedals if I had gone all Boss.

I'm an mxr *****, so i would love it if i had one. Planning on getting a Carbon Copy and Phase 90.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
$500 gift card?! i thought it was $50! dayummmm.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
^The $500 gift card came from my work.
The $50 card was given to me by the employee working the store. I'm not sure if it was because i asked for a discount or what happened. He just gave it to me and applied it.

The 'store' was pretty sweet. Lots of good quality guitars and amps. It wasn't some shelf or two next to the Guitar Hero and Rock Band stuff. I mean they had their own Loud Amp room, Acoustic guitar room, and Drum room and here they provide services too like setups and lessons.

wtf?
I've always heard that the Decimator is the best too. Never played thru one. It probably was not as evident on the clip but I could def hear a difference. I need to play with the threshold while I play with the other knobs to see what gives. For $111 I would say it is worth it and it is obviously built like a brick. It has Full and Hiss and Mid settings so there is a lot to work with. It was amazing how it seemed to adapt and 'learn' what was noise and what wasn't.

Pretty intelligent.
i went to gc yesterday to trade in a pedal (which they rejected ) for a carbon copy

so since they ddint do the trade i was short and man ijust want your pedal lol its my birthday mail it to me

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

cool stuff

and heyyyyy nice photos too.

so how do you like the compressor?
ive got the same one, and it seems pretty sturdy. let me know what settings you like

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Thanks Fall Out Boy!

Tim, let me think about that...............................................Ok, no.

SeeEmily - I guess about 2 month ago. You can buy stuff on-line and they are building out the 'Music Stores' at select Best Buys. Not sure what there plan is long term.

Jenny - tnx, I'm not sure if I've had it long enough to comment just yet but it did seem to tighten or strengthen the signal but I haven't had time to fiddle with it much. Literally, the amount of time I've had so far is about the length of time of my clip. Seriously.

Here is an interesting note. They said I have up to 30 days AFTER Christmas to return any of these. AFTER Christmas? wut?
Page 1 of 4