So guys, I own an ibanez s320, and decided to change the pickups. I removed the original INF1 and INF2 pickups and popped in a Dimarzio Paf Joe in the neck and a Dimarzio Fred in the bridge. I followed the wiring diagrams, and I'm pretty sure I soldered everything correctly. Here's the problem, if I set my selector switch to use the neck pickup, I don't get any sound, but the other 4 positions of the selector switch work, and I get sound. I've been trying to figure out what the problem is for 5-6 hours now and im going insane.

This is the wiring diagram for my guitar: http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h90/s2170/W03009CHHB11L5.gif

I need help! I really appreciate it.
If you followed the wiring digram, then it is probably as simple as small mistake.

Check for cold solder joints, although I'm sure you already have...

Man I don't know much about troubleshooting other than to make sure nothing obvious is wrong.

Pictures may help.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
yep, there's probably a cold joint.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Frozzenn
So guys, I own an ibanez s320, and decided to change the pickups. I removed the original INF1 and INF2 pickups and popped in a Dimarzio Paf Joe in the neck and a Dimarzio Fred in the bridge. I followed the wiring diagrams, and I'm pretty sure I soldered everything correctly. Here's the problem, if I set my selector switch to use the neck pickup, I don't get any sound, but the other 4 positions of the selector switch work, and I get sound. I've been trying to figure out what the problem is for 5-6 hours now and im going insane.

This is the wiring diagram for my guitar: http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h90/s2170/W03009CHHB11L5.gif

I need help! I really appreciate it.
you need to give more information if you expect to get any quality help.

the colour codes are NOT the same on the Ibanez Infinity series pickups as they are on the Dimarazios. This is likely why your Neck pickup doesn't work at all. And i'm guessing the bridge pickup isn't working as it should, but there is enough difference between the way the neck and bridge are wired, that it the Bridge happens to work to some degree.

indicate the colours you connected in that drawing, and i'll confirm if they are right or wrong.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
you need to give more information if you expect to get any quality help.

the colour codes are NOT the same on the Ibanez Infinity series pickups as they are on the Dimarazios. This is likely why your Neck pickup doesn't work at all. And i'm guessing the bridge pickup isn't working as it should, but there is enough difference between the way the neck and bridge are wired, that it the Bridge happens to work to some degree.

indicate the colours you connected in that drawing, and i'll confirm if they are right or wrong.

Forgot about this... Anyway, you NEED to use the Dimarzio diagrams.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Forgot about this... Anyway, you NEED to use the Dimarzio diagrams.

yeah i would have done this from the get go.
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Quote by sandman-105
yeah i would have done this from the get go.
diMarzio doesn't have a diagram for that switch.

it's a very specialized 5 way.
not like a Fender 5-way
not like a typical import 5-way for a Yamaha or most Ibanez guitars.
not like a superswitch

it's unique.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.