I bought an RR3 in March and the neck pickup sounds weak and sometimes just dies out or sounds very quiet and clean. Could this be a soldering issue or is it just simply dying out.
soldering issue most likely. pickups don't just die if i'm honest it would however be cool though. check the neck pickup wires to look for any loose joints and if that doesn't solve it maybe re-solder all the joints or upgrade pickups if you want to
^ Basically this.

Another common area for wear is the output jack.

Since it is the only wiring part of your guitar you you regularly interact with, it is likely the source of the problem.

Try reflowing any sketchy looking solder joints, and make sure everything looks good.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by Øttər
^ Basically this.

Another common area for wear is the output jack.

Since it is the only wiring part of your guitar you you regularly interact with, it is likely the source of the problem.

Try reflowing any sketchy looking solder joints, and make sure everything looks good.

can't be the output jack otherwise the bridge pickup would sound weak as well but its also good to look at the output jack in case of any bad soldering joints.
Actually, I thought that too, but on my old Yamaha I had that problem once... just a few switch positions had issues, but it was the output jack.

Makes no sense to me, but eh.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Due to the fact that i know very little about guitars, if they're active pickups you might wanna change the 9v battery in the back of the guitar, although you probably already knew that...
Quote by azn_guitarist25
well you see your problem was that it was a Yamaha

too true. It served me well though... never intonated correctly, middle pickup didn't work, the so called tone pot didn't have a capacity, and the neck was shimmed with a n egg carton...

But I love her just the same.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Before checking soldering, spray the internals of the pickup switch. 9/10 times this is the case with an LP style switch in my experience.
Spray with... hot man goo? EWWWWW. You are gross.

Spray them with contact cleaner. Jeez.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
the connections in the switch are probably going.. i had an old guitar where the brdige pickup was super weak by itself but was just fine in other positions.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.