Page 1 of 2
You know you're a redneck when your gunrack has a gunrack on it.
||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
*raises hand

its tuff sometimes man
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
I can't get a job.

I dunno. Lets compare ourselves.
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
Some Walmarts are purposefuly understaffed.
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
rants make lousy threads.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
prosti... oh, not even worth it

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Take it as a complement. If WalMart didn't hire you, it's probably because you're too attractive, or intelligent, or both.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
i cant get a ****in job!!!!!!!
i cant get hired by mcdonalds but in aus they are being really uptight and all of a sudden have high standards...grrrrr......my mate cant even get an interview!!!

its crazy and this global crisis isnt helping either!
Quote by 15digitsofpi
Take it as a complement. If WalMart didn't hire you, it's probably because you're too attractive, or intelligent, or both.

This is a good point.
Sell crack.
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.

Don't ask me I have no idea how the hell it happened.

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
tell me about. after a little over a month i FINALLY got an interview. i feel you buddy. just try to stay optimistic and hang in there
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Quote by Godsmack_IV
Wal-mart wouldn't hire you? I think you should take a long hard look at yourself and figure out what the hell is wrong.

At first I

Then I because I'm not as good as the deaf cashier or guy in a wheelchair that runs into everything.

Also, I'm pretty sure they haven't shoplifted nearly as much shit from there as I have.

Quote by Psychedelico
Sell crack.

It takes money to get crack. Unless the crack fairy stops by and leaves a rock under my pillow.

Quote by SomebodySomeone
tell me about. after a little over a month i FINALLY got an interview. i feel you buddy. just try to stay optimistic and hang in there

A month. lulz

I'm talking over a year. Also, this house hasn't had any money come into it since July. So we're probably not going to have it a lot longer.
You're*
atleast you didnt fail the walmart and Jcpenny's test
ive been looking since the beginning of summer and people say its cuz i dont have much previous work experience, but i was a damn audio technician for school damn it i think im over qualified for most jobs i apply for!

sometimes i think i wasnt meant for customer service...
yeah, it's tough. i've been trying to find a second job because i work in retail, so about a week after christmas we'll be in a slump, i'll only be getting 12 hours a week til nearly Easter.

i'm currently looking at jobs at the mall and restaurants where people leave decent tips.
Quote by sergc118
ive been looking since the beginning of summer and people say its cuz i dont have much previous work experience, but i was a damn audio technician for school damn it i think im over qualified for most jobs i apply for!

Wal-Mart test? Like the computer training modules?
Quote by sergc118

it's because you simply lack experience in what they want you for. audio tech will get you nowhere at WalMart, they're looking for people who can work a cash register (and idk how old you are, but almost no one will hire minors to work cash registers, it's too much of a hassle, plus you would need a supervisor everytime someone came through your lane to buy beer or cigs.
Well you have an asshole right?
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
Quote by dudius
it's because you simply lack experience in what they want you for. audio tech will get you nowhere at WalMart, they're looking for people who can work a cash register (and idk how old you are, but almost no one will hire minors to work cash registers, it's too much of a hassle, plus you would need a supervisor everytime someone came through your lane to buy beer or cigs.

im ****ing 18 damn it
Quote by sergc118

Oh, I've failed assessments, just not for Wal-Mart. The thing that continues to puzzle me about Wal-Mart was that they offered me my first job but I took something else. So, now, somehow, I'm even LESS qualified now than I was when I had never worked at all.

...well, come to think of it, being Wal-Mart, that makes perfect sense.

Quote by sergc118
im ****ing 18 damn it

What job did you apply for? I'd understand if they turned you down for cashier because they sell booze.
You're*
just for entry level stuff i really dont remember it was awhile back but when i do apply i usually apply for anywhere its usually for stock
Quote by dudius
yeah, it's tough. i've been trying to find a second job because i work in retail, so about a week after christmas we'll be in a slump, i'll only be getting 12 hours a week til nearly Easter.

i'm currently looking at jobs at the mall and restaurants where people leave decent tips.

Wait, you've got a job and you're greedy enough to look for a second one?

Leave decent tips? with what money? We don't have jobs!

Yeah, I've been looking since about a year ago. Not even an interview
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
then your problem might simply be that they aren't hiring or they simply don't want you. corporations look good when they offer their jobs to the mentally handicapped, elderly or "financially challenged".

that's why at wal-mart, most of the greeters are either old or mentally handicapped, and all of the cashiers look like they are on welfare, though that's partly the case. Wal-Mart cashiers often don't make much money so they either work a second job or get food stamps. they also don't offer much room to move up unless you're pretty young, but you still might not move up anyway.

just a tip, stay away from Wal-Mart. shop at Meijer instead :P
Quote by Survivalism
You know it's bad when Wal-Mart won't hire you.

WalMart wont hire you? WalMart hired me.

I quit.

And now I can't find a job.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
I found one, its shitty though. I don't necessarily recommend it, if it can be avoided.
Quote by Zardokk
Everybody must get stoned! (If they are me.)
You wanna know the secret?

Apply at your local shitty looking burger joint (Not burger king)
Something thats locally owned.

Get yourself some experience there and move on up.

Seriously, I was the same.
No calls, no nothing.
Just applied at this local place.
Bam. I'm working next week.
And there's usually nice people working there

But expect a shitty wage.
Lmao a "raise" is 15 cents.
Quote by BeastlyBassist
Wait, you've got a job and you're greedy enough to look for a second one?

Leave decent tips? with what money? We don't have jobs!

Yeah, I've been looking since about a year ago. Not even an interview

you gotta understand this:

if i work 12 hours a week at $7.65 an hour and then take roughly 25% (taxes and Social Security) i'm left with $73.44, assuming i get exactly 12 hours (sometimes the time varies. i might show up early or leave late or take a lunch which is shorter or longer than 30minutes)

at $73.44 a week for a month, i would make $293.76 for the month.

i use about a third of a tank weekly between work and school (5 gallons, which right now would be close to $11.00 a week)

i also pay $270.00 for rent (covers everything).

this means that my worst situation leaves me -$9.24, and that's before groceries.
Last edited by dudius at Nov 7, 2008,
Add me to the list. I've filled out many online applications and really know a lot however I still can't find an opening for any job. I think the challenge for me is I am going to college classes and only have two free days that I could work and most places won't hire someone to work only two days.

I've been looking for work for 6 months now. I did have some jobs part time back a while ago but these were nothing high paying...most were 8 an hour and required a ton of work.
Last edited by moody07747 at Nov 7, 2008,
Quote by dudius

if i work 12 hours a week at $7.60 an hour and then take roughly 25% (taxes and Social Security) i'm left with $72.96, assuming i get exactly 12 hours (sometimes the time varies. i might show up early or leave late or take a lunch which is shorter or longer than 30minutes)

at $72.96 a week for a month, i would make $291.84 for the month.

i use about a third of a tank weekly between work and school (5 gallons, which right now would be close to $11.00 a week)

this means that my worst situation leaves me -$11.16, and that's before groceries.

I know man, i was actually joking. The economy is causing some serious job-suck for a lot of people I know. They're limiting your hours to 12 though?
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
Gosh I didn't know it was that hard, after hearing all of your stories.
Quote by BeastlyBassist
I know man, i was actually joking. The economy is causing some serious job-suck for a lot of people I know. They're limiting your hours to 12 though?

i work at Meijer, which is essentially Wal-Mart in five or six states. we are different in some ways, but Wal-Mart often has slightly lower prices on general merchandise, but that depends on the area you're in. we also have a few different policies and we carry hard liqour, which wal-mart doesnt have (as far as i know)

my work union makes it so that the minimum hours we can work is 12 unless we opt for fewer. we have so many cashiers that nearly each one will work only 12 hours shortly after christmas, we're just not busy enough.
Quote by dudius

if i work 12 hours a week at $7.65 an hour and then take roughly 25% (taxes and Social Security) i'm left with $73.44, assuming i get exactly 12 hours (sometimes the time varies. i might show up early or leave late or take a lunch which is shorter or longer than 30minutes)

at $73.44 a week for a month, i would make $293.76 for the month.

this means that my worst situation leaves me -$9.24, and that's before groceries.

dude you shouldn't be getting taxed 25% thats ridiculous..I make 13.50 an hour and usually get between 250 and 400 per week depending on the hours and the most i get taxed is 18%. unless you guys have really shitty taxes out there i feel bad for you.
American Fender Strat

Taylor 314CE

Quote by pbiggie
this guy speaks truth
Quote by redhotsexmagic
dude you shouldn't be getting taxed 25% thats ridiculous..I make 13.50 an hour and usually get between 250 and 400 per week depending on the hours and the most i get taxed is 18%. unless you guys have really shitty taxes out there i feel bad for you.

well, this is michigan and i'm including the percent put toward social security (and i forgot Union Dues )

on average, 25% is taken from my paycheck.

edit: at least i'll be getting near 40 hours a week between thanksgiving and christmas. that'll definitely help me out, though i can't really spend much money on anything outside necessity until then.
Last edited by dudius at Nov 7, 2008,
Page 1 of 2