I'm getting a set of EMG's for a guitar, its the EMG Zakk Wylde Set (81+81).
I've pulled most of the electronics out of the guitar, only the Bridge grounding wire and the wire that connects the Pots to the Selector Switch remain.
I've had fairly minimal experience in installing pickups, but i do have all the required tools.
Are they easy to install? how do they come? Any of the hard wiring pre-soldered? etc.
thanks
zakk wylde set is 81/85 just so you know, and as far as soldering goes its easy if your patient. my first soldering job ever was intalling emgs into my strat and it was a breeze, time consuming, but a breeze.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by mikeyElite
zakk wylde set is 81/85 just so you know, and as far as soldering goes its easy if your patient. my first soldering job ever was intalling emgs into my strat and it was a breeze, time consuming, but a breeze.

ahh yeah 81,85 is what i meant to type...
do you know if they come with a wiring diagram?
is it complicated? or fairly straight forward?
just wanna know if i can save myself 60 bucks off installation ^^
if they don't come with a diagram there's good ones on emginc.com, thats where i got mine from. the diagram is pretty straight foward and easy to follow, definitely save yourself the money and have a go at it yourself.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
arent some emg's accompanied by a battery? if so where would these go? i believ these are called active pickups
Quote by cesardee
arent some emg's accompanied by a battery? if so where would these go? i believ these are called active pickups

sweet.
thanks bud
Quote by cesardee

yeah, they come with a battery clip. im planning to stuff it into the control cavity because i dont wanna mess up the back plates =P