Page 1 of 2
I can't come up with a good enough gift for this girl I know, I thought about
Dick-In-A-Box, but all senarios end up bad. Background information: She is a Jazz Pianist(Ha,ha, Penis) She plays like 9+ instruments such as: Saxiphons, Bassoon, Flute, Violin, Etc. She is like one of those weird religion types, who loves God and such, personally I think grown people with imaginary friends is hilarious, but if this helps the idea machine, then it stands. She likes to listen to Jazz, Rock, Blues, and Classical music, She is a freshmen in college, She is majoring in music, she's 5'3'' if that's at all rellivant, that's about it. Ideas would be appreciated.
Dick-In-A-Box ALWAYS comes out swinging

otherwise, SURPRISEEE
Give her a bass in the form of a cross
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
I forgot to mention that my budget is like $30 American, so that's like $24.70 Canadian, and like 2 euros or something.
bring her the bones of christ.
=)
Quote by joehhy
i will use my lvl 90 Golduck against the evil 4chans, they will not stand a chance

Quote by Led Pepplin
My penis is quite literally trembling in fear.

FLOCKDRAW!!!!!!! EPICS!!!!!
A concert dvd with a candy of some sort.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
idk, i figure if i end up dating the girl i'm working on then i'll get her a little piece of jewelry when her birthday comes around. i don't think i've even seen her wear rings or necklaces, but she usually wears little earrings.

anything you make could be good, though. just utilize whatever talents you have and give her a gift from the heart. you obviously play guitar, write a little song or fashion a necklace from a guitar pick (i did that for a girlfriend once, wrote our initials on a guitar pick and poked a hole through it by getting a thick sewing needle REALLY hot and poking it through. then add one of those little rings through it and put it on a necklace, i made it using something like a thick thread and some glass beads)
Noodz
Condoms
Rape
Sex
Cum
A dildo shaped like Jesus
Sexy lingerie patterned with crosses
etc.

The possibilities are endless.
kill all humans
Quote by The Master Plan
A concert dvd with a candy of some sort.

This seems realistic, but what type of concert dvd?
I also liked the song writing/ guitar necklace thing, but she rally pwns me at music, so i would have to work really hard on a song, and her birthday is in like 5 days, oh, and she is turning 18 if that is important.
Get her Pat Metheny group speaking of now DVD and candy as suggested. If she likes jazz she'll like that I guess (I love it).
Quote by fret-less
I also liked the song writing/ guitar necklace thing, but she rally pwns me at music, so i would have to work really hard on a song, and her birthday is in like 5 days, oh, and she is turning 18 if that is important.

funny songs can beat out beautiful ones, as far as winning a girl's heart goes.

and when you said freshman in college, i had to look at your age. so she'll be 18 and you're 16, but what grade are you in? i tried to date an 18 hs senior when i was a 16 year old sophomore, didn't work out (usually it's a maturity thing. it often works better if you're 21 and she's 23). but best of luck, older girls rock
Pat Metheny? * overtly noobish jazz musician fails to recognise name of obviously well known jazz musician*
I'm not sure you all understand the idea, I'm not trying to date this girl (however that would make my f*cking year/lifetime) She is a good friend, and an important member in my life/ an early musical inspiration for me, and I admire her greatly, that is why my gifts weren't good enough, however I did contemplate dick-in-a-box because, well, chick musicians are hot, right?

plus

Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Give her a slip of paper.
On it, you shall write: "One Free Mustache Ride."

If you don't own a mustache, then go with plan b: Invite Wynton Marsalis to her house.
Quote by fret-less
Pat Metheny? * overtly noobish jazz musician fails to recognise name of obviously well known jazz musician*

Inarguably one of the top 5 jazz guitarists of all time. In fact you'll probably like it too because not only does he in the P.M. Group (including Cuong Vu, Antonio Sanchez, Richard Bona, some of the best in their fields) make brilliant sounding music, Metheny has so much skill that you will be interested just to watch his guitar playing. Doesn't take a jazz man to appreciate that kinda skill.
Quote by fret-less
I'm not sure you all understand the idea, I'm not trying to date this girl (however that would make my f*cking year/lifetime) She is a good friend, and an important member in my life/ an early musical inspiration for me, and I admire her greatly, that is why my gifts weren't good enough, however I did contemplate dick-in-a-box because, well, chick musicians are hot, right?

OHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhh.......

in that case, just get her one of those 1lb Hershey's bars, chicks LOVE chocolate....and flowers.......and dick-in-a-box
For £15 you could get her one of those toiletries gift sets with like some bubble bath and moisturiser in AND a candle. That might not float her boat though.

You could get her a t-shirt/vest top but then there's the whole "omg you thought I was THIS size??!!" thing.

Play it safe and get her a book or something related to a band she's told you she likes.
Quote by mrcrono
A good dicking?

That was immature.

shame on you
Quote by joehhy
i will use my lvl 90 Golduck against the evil 4chans, they will not stand a chance

Quote by Led Pepplin
My penis is quite literally trembling in fear.

FLOCKDRAW!!!!!!! EPICS!!!!!
Unless you like her or she isn't your like "bestest friend forever!" or some shit like that, a funny/ meaningful card is probably the best thing.
Hmm i'm a girl and so far I'm afraid from what I've heard so far you're all pretty much screwed...
hmm no it's not too bad but...
a)haven't you left it a bit late?
b)doesn't really matter what you get, but it's gotta be special, i'd say a dvd wouldn't quite cut it.... well for me anyway and again it's a bit last minute to be special
c)do not fear my friend, all is not lost... oh i don't know, I wouldn't know what to get me for my birthday. I'd rather it was thoughtful rather than expensive, but doesn't hurt, but maybe not on your budget.
hmm... make her a cake! or take her out for the day, if you do that kinda thing, it doesn't have to cost much, but it's kinda nice, plus it might get in there.
Sorry about the rambling... my brain isjust waking up. good luck!
um.....
get her somethign she watned
for my close friend i took her shopping one day and remembered how she really liked this perfume she tried so a few months later her birthday came
BING >.< i is genius
so yea got her perfume that works
just get her something thoughtful that she will like
and of course dic k in a box
Seeing as you're on this site, I don't suppose you're good at much else now are you?

I actually thought about it and the only decent thing I could come up with was to do a painting of her playing piano. y'know like one of those cool musiciany paintings. But then I doubt you can paint well, and it'd probably cost a lot to have someone else do it.

So I guess I'll exhaust all the usual suspects:
Chocolate
Flowers
Epic card (still boring as ****)
Perfume
Toiletries

Wait wait wait, idea idea idea.

Why not buy a ticket to go to some kick-ass Jazz gig in your area?

And guess who buys the other ticket to go with her Bingo! Birthday present & Date all in one!

Oh man, I'm so smooth it isn't even fair on the opposite sex :p.

TL;DR - Buy her a ticket to some cool gig, and take her!
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat,
Epiphone Les Paul ES,
Line6 Flextone III,
Laney VC15,
Some pedals,
Some recording gear.
You can get her a gift card to a music store maybe?
Make her a mix cd? (yeah thats right assholes, I still pull out the old mix cd and yeah it still rocks their world)
Take her out to a really nice dinner and a movie?
Buy her one of her favorite movies that she doesn't own yet?
If her style isn't too abstract, buy her a piece of clothing? (kind of hard to do when it comes to women)
If she isn't too into jewelery, a cool necklace still works, you can get her one with a silver pick and a cross on it or something.
A bible with her name on it?
Or make a donation to a charity in her name? Ever see that seinfeld episode? oh that george.
A coloring book? The simplicity of it all will throw her off.
An iTunes giftcard so she can buy music she likes?

EDIT: and whoever said bake her a cake is quite smart.

buy her an erotic cake...
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Last edited by x_thurston_x at Nov 7, 2008,
Quote by x_thurston_x

EDIT: and whoever said bake her a cake is quite smart.

buy her an erotic cake...

Hell yeah. That would be me.
But I've seen a flaw in my amazing idea... if you can't cook, make sure you don't poison her

Here if recipe for a simple cake...
Basically use 2oz of self-raising flour, sugar, margarine/butter to every one egg.
you normally need about 4 eggs

Step One: mix the margrine and sug....

waaait a second. This isn't the cooking forum
get her a t-shirt written "ur my BREAST friend ever", then keep staring at her breasts ( . Y . )
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Quote by fret-less
I forgot to mention that my budget is like $30 American, so that's like $24.70 Canadian, and like 2 euros or something.

2 euros = less than 2 dollars

You meant 20 euros

About the present...dunno. Just make sure what you give her comes with care, not "just a present" that will "do the trick". If you do this simple thing, you're covered for, even if you give her a pack of condoms.
Quote by RoamingConflict
This one dream involved me, one random girl, midgets and a pie.

...and midgets ended up f*cking her. I got the pie.

just go buy some random shit that could have some meaning to her or just be funny.

probably the best present for a chicks 18th was a pack of dinosaurs that looked like they were enjoying an epic foursome.

and if that fails... dick in a box. suits every occasion.
If looks coud really kill,

then my profession would be staring.

Does she write music at all?

If so make her a book of blank notation paper, decorate it with sparkles, artwork and stuff. Something you made yourself will always go down better than something you got from a shop.

Or you could do what I always advise and ask her what she wants.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Quote by neopowell
ask her what she wants.

Have you ever asked a woman what she wants?

"Oh nothing, I just want to be with you"

or

"Anything is okay. I don't care."

And then show up with nothing or "anything" and BAM, cold shoulder for at least a week.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Flowers generally work. Most women never say no to flowers.

And you could soak them in chloroform.

Then rape. Solves everything.

Failing that, dick in the box is the best option. It works every time, even when it doesn't.
Quote by x_thurston_x
Have you ever asked a woman what she wants?

"Oh nothing, I just want to be with you"

or

"Anything is okay. I don't care."

And then show up with nothing or "anything" and BAM, cold shoulder for at least a week.

Fear this man's truth!!!
Quote by RoamingConflict
This one dream involved me, one random girl, midgets and a pie.

...and midgets ended up f*cking her. I got the pie.

Page 1 of 2