All he did was play at the right time in history, I've watched several live preformances of their songs, especially Stairway to Heaven, and he manages to mess up on the bends etc. making very many amateur mistakes, he's really nothing special compared to the other greates of the seventies! It seems to me that he doesn't love his instrument, his sloppy playing is a testament to that.
I think he's one of those guys, who learned guitar to make money, and when he first knows a few things, all they do is party etc. and neglect practicing, so in my book, **** Jimmy Page, **** Led Zepplin, **** music history, **** your opinions. I'm gonna go listen to some Corrosion of Conformity now, bye!

Love,
Wyldelife
Gear:
2011 Fender American Standard Stratocaster
2012 Tanglewood TW170

Boss Katana 100w 1x112
Line 6 HD500
i can't see this becoming anything more than a flame-fest.

*reported*
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
He's a god because he's an innovator.

He was a studio recording genius. He made weird sounds using methods that nobody had ever seen. He came up with timeless riffs and played a mean lead guitar. So what if he's a little sloppy? It's makes Page what he is. Page can play in any situation and is a great improviser.

He knew how to make a song timeless.

Can you say the same thing about 'I Don't Want to Stop' or anything that BLS puts out?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Great musicians? Perhaps.
Great Guitarist? **** no.

I love Led Zeppelin and Jimmy page just as much as the next guy, but I know he's nothing compared to some of the super-powered guitar gods...

(AL DIMEOLA)
No one can love you now.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
The reason my nick is "Wyldelife" is because of Pride & Glory/Book of Shadows Zakk Wylde, not the BLS stuff. In my opinion those records have more soul and heart than any Zeppelin record! Iommi, Clapton and Van Halen all did those things too you know, just smoother, better, and with alot more soul(Well, Iommi and Clapton anyway).
Gear:
2012 Tanglewood TW170

Boss Katana 100w 1x112
Line 6 HD500
He's better than Zak Wylde.

Seriously though, it's just your taste and opinion.
Quote by atr5557
i just got the boss mt-2 metal zone pedal today. i got the adapter for it but how do i know if its charging?
Gonna explain something called taste to you: Different people like different things. You don't have to hate other people's things.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
Quote by wyldelife
Iommi, Clapton and Van Halen all did those things too you know, just smoother, better, and with alot more soul(Well, Iommi and Clapton anyway).

Prove there is more soul in it, I want official charts and graphs. Else GTFO!
You might think he's better, but when it comes to being an all around musician, and techniquely? He can't stand shit to Zakk Wylde, who's a far more versitile musician.
Gear:
2012 Tanglewood TW170

Boss Katana 100w 1x112
Line 6 HD500
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
He's a god because he's an innovator.

He was a studio recording genius. He made weird sounds using methods that nobody had ever seen. He came up with timeless riffs and played a mean lead guitar. So what if he's a little sloppy? It's makes Page what he is. Page can play in any situation and is a great improviser.

He knew how to make a song timeless.

Can you say the same thing about 'I Don't Want to Stop' or anything that BLS puts out?

He came up with a way to make Bonham's drums on When the Levee Breaks sound amazing by putting him with his set at the bottom of a lighthouse and mics at the top. This beat has been sampled by thousands and noone has the effort or patience to perfect new techniques like that. His riffs are Black Sabbath comparable to the point that they practically make some songs what they are ie. Immigrant Song. Page was one of the best improvisers ever. Noone rocks like him.

And just because their guitar player is a bit sloppy doesn't mean you can say "**** Led Zeppelin".

GTFO now please. *reported*
Quote by wyldelife
The reason my nick is "Wyldelife" is because of Pride & Glory/Book of Shadows Zakk Wylde, not the BLS stuff. In my opinion those records have more soul and heart than any Zeppelin record! Iommi, Clapton and Van Halen all did those things too you know, just smoother, better, and with alot more soul(Well, Iommi and Clapton anyway).

Yeah, you can say that VH and Clapton are better players, but they do different things. Van Halen was in a whole different decade and Clapton just had the chops. Jimmy isn't about lead playing anyways. He's a musician.

I would rather listen to a Page composition than any of those formentioned guitar players.

Quote by wyldelife
You might think he's better, but when it comes to being an all around musician, and techniquely? He can't stand shit to Zakk Wylde, who's a far more versitile musician.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but Zakk Wylde is a hack. He plays the same old tired licks and coats them over with a wah pedal. He manages to make all of his solos sound identical.

I actually laughed at the 'Wylde is a better all around musician.' Cheers for that man.

Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by roshjosh
Great musicians? Perhaps.
Great Guitarist? **** no.

I love Led Zeppelin and Jimmy page just as much as the next guy, but I know he's nothing compared to some of the super-powered guitar gods...

(AL DIMEOLA)

What was that? I could have sworn you just told the truth...
Quote by wyldelife
All he did was play at the right time in history, I've watched several live preformances of their songs, especially Stairway to Heaven, and he manages to mess up on the bends etc. making very many amateur mistakes, he's really nothing special compared to the other greates of the seventies! It seems to me that he doesn't love his instrument, his sloppy playing is a testament to that.
I think he's one of those guys, who learned guitar to make money, and when he first knows a few things, all they do is party etc. and neglect practicing, so in my book, **** Jimmy Page, **** Led Zepplin, **** music history, **** your opinions. I'm gonna go listen to some Corrosion of Conformity now, bye!

Love,
Wyldelife

Ignorance is bliss!

Let me know when you, (or COC for that matter), write even one song that equals anything that Zeppelin did.

We'll all be waiting.
Quote by JackalUK
Prove there is more soul in it, I want official charts and graphs. Else GTFO!

How about ****in history man? Shows they've done, statements they've made and people they've inspired?
Gear:
2012 Tanglewood TW170

Boss Katana 100w 1x112
Line 6 HD500
I still don't see it. Being inspirational has nothing to do with how much 'soul' you put in.
Quote by seth's daddy
Ignorance is bliss!

Let me know when you, (or COC for that matter), write even one song that equals anything that Zeppelin did.

We'll all be waiting.

Hear Deliverance.
Gear:
2012 Tanglewood TW170

Boss Katana 100w 1x112
Line 6 HD500
Quote by JackalUK
I still don't see it. Being inspirational has nothing to do with how much 'soul' you put in.

No, but how you act on stage both in persona and playing does.
Gear:
2012 Tanglewood TW170

Boss Katana 100w 1x112
Line 6 HD500
Quote by wyldelife
Hear Deliverance.

It's too early in the morning to troll. Could you please do it later today?

I don't like dealing with ignorant people before my coffee.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster