Hey people,
We recently released our CD 2 weeks ago when playing the Mainstage at a gig called Rockstock. We sold a HEAP of CD's that night, and have sold quite a few since then.
If you could all check out or songs and tell us what we should do to our sound for our EP which will be coming out sometime early next year. Should we change or stay the same kinda sound?
We're sponsored to record it so we just need your opinions!!
Cheers, much appreciated,
Stu - Set The Skies Ablaze

Click the link!
www.myspace.com/SetTheSkiesAblaze
No offence, but I personally think the vocalist needs some practice, the screaming sounds really weak imo.

The music isn't bad, I only listened to half of the first song. I don't really know what to suggest, really it is up to you guys as a band. Choose the sound you want, not what others want.
The guitar and drums are fine, obviously recording it in higher quality is always good. But yeah...the screaming...Its not necasseraly bad, just very inconsistent. The pitch on the scream changes all the time, high scream, death grunt, halfway through back to high.
If thats the sound your after then fine. But otherwise I'd recommend making your vocal lines more consistent. Say like a verse in high, then a line in low, or vice versa.
Ahh righto then, Cheers for your input guys. I take it you're not screaming metal fans? I think you'll find that quite a lot of bands we're similar to do the same thing with the vocals, you get what i mean? But cheers, much appreciated!!
Quote by -HeretiC-
Ahh righto then, Cheers for your input guys. I take it you're not screaming metal fans? I think you'll find that quite a lot of bands we're similar to do the same thing with the vocals, you get what i mean? But cheers, much appreciated!!

Actually no, I listen to bands like Lamb Of God, As I Lay Dying, Trivium, Nile...

And of the bands you list as influences on your page, I enjoy all of their music to an extent, not so much Bring Me The Horizon, but yeahh.
Ahh yeah, fair enough. BMTH are a HUGE influence on Dave's vocals so thats why his vocals are like how you mentioned before, cos thats how Oli of BMTH's are. You understand where we're coming from?
Cheers brother
Hmm, it's not so much the screaming I don't like though, it's the fact that his scream is sort of weak. (your vocalist)

Like, the vocalist of Bring Me The Horizon, despite the fact I'm not a huge fan of their music, I don't mind his scream. It's alot stronger than your vocalists. I think it will come with practice, but it does need work, it just feels really, empty?

Edit: The type of screaming I don't like.. sorry. Hard to explain. =\
Ahh yes, we've had a few comments like this. You mean to say that its not projected very well in a sense that its kinda a whisper scream like rar... as opposed to RAWWWRR!!! ?
If thats what you're getting at then I do know what you mean, and he's working on it =]
Cheers for that matey!!
Yeah, that's exactly what I mean, lol.

Just keep to the direction you want to go, and good luck for the future.
Quote by Regression
Yeah, that's exactly what I mean, lol.

Just keep to the direction you want to go, and good luck for the future.

Thanks mate, cheers for your input and kind words
Aaaah your a bring me the horizon fan. Fair enough, me I'm more into Bullet for My Valentine and Trivium. I personally don't like BMTH at all so forgive me if I didn't understand your direction.

But seriously, biggest advice is this - If your happy with what your doing and it makes you happy keep doing it. Its not about the fans, its about the band.
Cheers mate, thanks for the advice. Personally I think its half/half. The fans need to influence some decisions in the industry ya know? Haha cheers