Hi guys,

Looking to pick up a cool filter to use on my guitar tracks after playing with a friends Moog synth the other day

After doing a little research, there appear to be 2 that stand out:

- Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron
- Moogerfooger Low Pass Filter

I popped down to my local guitar store and tried out the Q-tron and was fairly disapointed.. The controls seemed restrictive in some areas (such as range and frequency control) and the built quality was questionable..

Now my question is, does anyone have any experience with the Moogerfooger LPF? I have been unable to find one in a store (live in Australia), and am therefore most likely order one fronm somewhere across the ocean.. There are a lack of videos on Youtube where they are used on guitar also..

Alternatively if someone knows of a place in Melbourne that sell them I would be most grateful, all Google searches have turned up nought..

Any other brand recommendations welcomed. Not looking for a 'funky' sort of filter, more to make weird wah-type noises that respond to pick dynamics (bit hard to explain).

Thanks guys!

ps PLaying on an Edwards Les Paul into an ENGL if that makes any difference..
Gear:

Edwards Les Paul Custom
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Fender Stratocaster USA
Ibanez RG550DX

ENGL Fireball
Mesa 4x12 Cabinet
Well, since you're willing to spend the money, there's a lot more options than just the Moog and the Q-Tron. I haven't tried the LPF, but that's because I'm not a big fan of the Moog sound. Other people are. Anyways, you've got a lot more very nice options besides just the big name brands.

Subdecay Prometheus
Maxon AF-9

Not sure about, but you may want to look at anyway:
Mojo Hand Analogue Filter
Emma Discumbobulator

Check their websites or go on youtube for samples.
@ Flyingbeerman:

Thanks heaps for the info, checked out the Subdecay Prometheus on Youtube and was very impressed, really hit the kind of filter sounds I want to get, and is $100 cheaper than the Moog and EHX pedals!

Even better, there is a store in Melbourne that stocks them, so I can go try it out. Couple of hours drive but what the hey..

Cheers for the recommendation!
Gear:

Edwards Les Paul Custom
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Fender Stratocaster USA
Ibanez RG550DX

ENGL Fireball
Mesa 4x12 Cabinet