What is Jumpstyle?
What is HardJump?

This Thread will tell you about them both and this will be the only posting place to post you HardJump of Jumpstyle Videos.

Jumpstyle: Jumpstyle is a dance and music genre mainly practiced in Europe, specifically the Netherlands, Belgium, and northern France. The dance is also called Jumpen (English word Jump + the Dutch suffix -en, meaning "to jump" or "jumping"). Jumpstyle also refers to a style of music to which Jumpstyle can be performed.[1]. Jumpstyle originated in 1997 Belgium. Jumpstyle is an off-shoot of the Gabber music and dance scene.

Hardjump: This is the hardest variant of Jumpstyle. The basic step is different from the others and the jumper has to pitch hard on the ground.

Here is A good example of Both:

Jumpstyle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4bX5LyC6vw

HardJump: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezitO_HWd9Y

Jumpstyle and Hardjump have their own type of music.

Here is another example of the music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhP6tFETb_s

As you can see the Music has a Hard Beat to it.

I will be posting videos of me soon doing a bit of both

EDIT: Here's my VID: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tltK9C_SWo0
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Fapping, I produced quite a bit.

Quote by sykryk
Do Not: Throw fireworks at friends.
Last edited by HondaCivic at Nov 18, 2008,
is there really such a demand for this that it needed an 'official' thread?
You are now blinking manually
Ow come on, I'm from the netherlands, and Jumpstyle is the stupidest thing there is, it was just a hype, for kids who don't have an opinion of their own.
ridiculous
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Wow...
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
Quote by Rienk0r
Ow come on, I'm from the netherlands, and Jumpstyle is the stupidest thing there is, it was just a hype, for kids who don't have an opinion of their own.

+100
There was one of these already, it died very quickly. God I love that .gif of the kid trying to do that on a desk in a classroom and falling on his ass.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by Rienk0r

This.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Looks pretty fun I guess, but it also doesnt seem all that original. Do people do it in pits and such? I could see that getting annoying for everyone else really quickly
Quote by Zardokk
Everybody must get stoned! (If they are me.)
this thread fails
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.

harryberg1's phone number :401-787-3317
well.......they really like jumping.
"Where the Beatles wanted to hold your hand, the Stones wanted to fuck your sister or daughter"

My profile
gayyyyyyyyyyyy
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
is this meant to be about the genre or the dance, or both? either way i don't think many people on this site would know/understand what either is, or care very much. there have been a few threads on this topic, and related topics, and they didn't last very long.

personally, i dislike 99% of jumpstyle that i've heard. those boing boing boing kicks don't do much for me and the genre just generally doesn't appeal to me. i've only heard a couple of jump tracks that i've enjoyed. i prefer hardstyle by far

i'm not much of a fan of the dance either but i can respect it for what it is, and can enjoy watching it when the person doing it is really good at it. i'm a shuffler myself so i understand why you choose to dance and the enjoyment that you get out of it, so respect from a fellow raver haha

as for your vid... it's alright but you look a bit clumsy. is that just because you're doing it on sand? maybe try again on a harder surface?

anyway i'll leave this thread for now and see what happens.

from daylight...
...into darkness